• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

1085 PSI Genesis - Pre-mix compatible or NOT???

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
I have a 1085 that I will start running this Winter. I am planning on going with Pre-mix fuel. I do not want to mess around with fabbing the chassis to allow the oil pump lever to clear nor do I want to add an oil reservoir, pump and lines.

My question is: HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS ENGINE IS PRE-MIX COMPATIBLE?
Were they all compatible? Is there something I should look into or an easy way to check? I'd like to NOT tear the engine down to confirm if possible.

When I got my hands on it, it did NOT have an oil pump or lines attached. It was otherwise complete. I only see the crank pulse port for the fuel pump and 2 check valves for oil ports, 1 on the MAG side and 1 on the PTO side. To me that doesn't seem like it would provide an adequate amount of oil to run oil injection alone. Hope to run this on strictly high octane/redline pre-mix! :devil:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Injection ports plugged?

If I remember correctly, there is a port within the case that should be open.

Wayde?

Turbotater

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Magic Valley, Idaho
I've never seen one that wasn't drilled for premix.
You can pull the reed valves, run the piston to the top and look inside to see if it's drilled.

SnoDmon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Lewistown, MT
Good strategy Tater. I was thinking I would have to tear it down to find out. I hope that will allow enough access. Thank you!:devil:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I can't say exactly, but I know that they are NOT Polaris cylinders nor is it a Polaris case.

It's not a Polaris engine.

It's a full PSI engine design. These aren't bolt-on to end kits.

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
would the liberty 800 ports be the same ?one new to me 04 vertical escape 159 800 has no oiling system on it. when the jugs are off I can see on the right and left sides its drilled diagonaly to about the crank seal.?

This sounds like it has been drilled. From Polaris, there were casting dimples there but no hole. If you're running premix, the holes need to be drilled to provide oil out to the outer bearings (both MAG and PTO). I used a 3/16" or 1/4" drill bit when I drilled mine. The drilled hole should intersect the factory, fitting fed hole, on the PTO side. Then that hole should be opened up towards the seal because the outermost PTO side bearing actually covers up part of that hole. If you go to Indy Specialty's website, and look at their Torque Master bottom ends, you'll get a better idea. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I did mine, or they were deleted at some point.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
This sounds like it has been drilled. From Polaris, there were casting dimples there but no hole. If you're running premix, the holes need to be drilled to provide oil out to the outer bearings (both MAG and PTO). I used a 3/16" or 1/4" drill bit when I drilled mine. The drilled hole should intersect the factory, fitting fed hole, on the PTO side. Then that hole should be opened up towards the seal because the outermost PTO side bearing actually covers up part of that hole. If you go to Indy Specialty's website, and look at their Torque Master bottom ends, you'll get a better idea. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures when I did mine, or they were deleted at some point.

Polaris cases...yet. But I'm pretty sure that PSI cases don't need to be drilled.

Premium Features