• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

how many of you have bent aarms on the 16 pro?

S
Jul 30, 2015
Calgary, AB
If you have had damage would you former sled have sustained it as well

It's a dominant Polaris forum, so you'll hear more stories about them. Also with the new platform everyone is getting out early to "test" the new sled. Getting out early creates more chances of hitting ****.

Last weekend at Frisby I saw 3 sleds getting towed out with mangled front ends, and none were the new Axys.

The way some people plow through trees no amount of aftermarket protection will save them.

P

purepolaris600

Aug 21, 2009
Elkader iowa
i road my new axys last weekend in wyoming and did hit a few rocks pretty hard and always stopped to check arms after hearing all the horror stories and to my surprize all was fine, in my expereance these arms are alot tougher then what some are leading to believe.

damx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 13, 2011
I did. Side Hilling at a good speed, hit a small car haha under the snow, I flew over the bars . The hit I had I don't expect and brand to not have damage.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
today was ride #5, about 130 miles of all off trail, back country riding. Snow is slim in spots, have hit many rocks, logs, and several hard creek crossings. 3 Axys in the group, all stock arms, ZERO damage. Eric

R
Nov 27, 2007
Cantaffordus, WA
www.mbhc.net
I hit a rock a few weeks back....went OTB. Kept riding sled. Didn't notice arm was bent until I had to turn sharp. Rode out form a long way back.

To summarize, I hit a rock hard.....
1. I rode it out-no day long fawk fest or heli trip
2. No damage to anything but lower
3. I would say it worked very well!
4. Bent back and have an emergency spare.
5. Ski checked quite a few trees and no other bends so I think it's spot on.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Rode my sks last weekend dropped a ski in a wash out sent me over the bars no damage.. I believe the arms might be a little weak but I think it's more of guys hitting stuff early season.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I do not think my hit would have bent the arms on the previous Pro. I do think it was a "perfect storm" situation though. I was going pretty slow but coming around a corner with lots of weight to the outside ski. I suspect the carbide is what screwed me when it bit hard. Tall spindles, side pressure, stupid carbide...

I still think the designed in fail point is too weak. I replaced mine after bending it back then bending it a second time. I stuffed it into the creek bed hard enough to fold the ski back and throw me off. I probably deserved both so I bought a replacement stock arm. It is the last one I will buy though. The next one will replaced with an aftermarket set.

R
Jul 20, 2009
I hit a rock with my right ski the other day fairly hard. And after hearing all the horror stories about the garbage a-arms on this new sled I was sure mine was going to be folded into a pretzel. Much to my surprise it was perfect. No complaints here. I am thinking the whole a-arm horror stories are being blown out of proportion a bit. It's early season riding and lots of people damage all makes. Also I find that more often than not people only post online when they are having problems. Not when things are going good. So when you read on a forum like this it makes you think the sky is falling all the time haha. I know I rarely post unless I have something wrong or need help.

C
Dec 24, 2014
I hit a rock with my right ski the other day fairly hard. And after hearing all the horror stories about the garbage a-arms on this new sled I was sure mine was going to be folded into a pretzel. Much to my surprise it was perfect. No complaints here. I am thinking the whole a-arm horror stories are being blown out of proportion a bit. It's early season riding and lots of people damage all makes. Also I find that more often than not people only post online when they are having problems. Not when things are going good. So when you read on a forum like this it makes you think the sky is falling all the time haha. I know I rarely post unless I have something wrong or need help.

Sounds more like denial than anything....LOL

The a-arms are kind of weak, having bent two of them. I post up the good and the bad. I am over 100 miles on the sled now and have been posting up the good news since I began riding. I love this new machine, it is awesome, even if the lower arms are an issue. They are getting bent, it isn't some fantasy. They are bending under less duress than the previous model, which everybody made fun of for the glue...

You guys can all blame it on low snow but I bet we see this trend continue. Even with GREAT snow we find stumps, rocks, and creek bottoms by accident. Both times mine bent, the riding was seriously tame because it is early conditions. The guy I am riding with on the new Doo hasn't bent any arms going everywhere I was. Early season isn't helping but the weak arms are truly an issue. I suspect as more people get riding, this will be quickly borne out.

Had a great ride yesterday, no bent suspension parts....

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
It's not really denial if your reality is nothing has bent. Just like it is not denial if your old Pro never blew up or your Polaris dealer never gave you issue with warranty.
Your assuming everyone worries about what they read on Snowest or worries about your reality of bending the same arm twice.

I am sure at the end of the season there will be 1000's of AXYS's still running around with the same lower arms since day one. Even if they are a bit weaker than the old style. Just like there are 1000's of Pro's running around with out ever having the top end apart and thousands of people without an issue with Polaris warranty.

YOUR reality, does not make it someone else's denial 'cause most people realize s**t happens.

Heck, my task today is to straighten the front end of a 2012 Tundra 2 550 fan (strut style, as tough as it gets). Poor sled was just doing it's job in the bush and a stump grew up right in it's path. The engine doesn't have enough power to blow your hair back.
Yet here it is. Crap design eh!

R
Jul 20, 2009
Sounds more like denial than anything....LOL

I am not denying anything. Just voicing my opinion. I was surprised the arm wasent bent thats all. After reading about yours bending and others saying how much of a weak point they are I expected it to be bent. I find that reading on any forum (for my RZR as well) that it starts to make me worry about all kinds of stuff because of others misfortunes. Who knows maybe mine will fold up on my next ride lol:face-icon-small-sad

Sage Crusher

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2010
Rock Springs,Wyoming
230 Miles 12.7 hours on the clock- hit things that were hard and creeks not fully covered as no other way out here in the Wyoming snowfall- and others in the group getting pitched over the bars-
One NUN down on a 09 Summit- Logs hidden with no base
Checked for damage on the AXYS and nothing, pretty stout from what I have been following- and what we have noticed.
IMHO- In some areas with low snow,not saying we are not watching out- but tippy toe on a $13K sled..is good advice till we get a good base.

Get the hard hat coverage on the QD drop... as there was evidence of carnage that would have turned sour otherwise on my Axys..

So far so good- just gotta be aware and not throttle happy.. awareness will save $500.00+ in replacement.

View attachment 261112

Last edited:
C
Dec 24, 2014
It's not really denial if your reality is nothing has bent. Just like it is not denial if your old Pro never blew up or your Polaris dealer never gave you issue with warranty.
Your assuming everyone worries about what they read on Snowest or worries about your reality of bending the same arm twice.

I am sure at the end of the season there will be 1000's of AXYS's still running around with the same lower arms since day one. Even if they are a bit weaker than the old style. Just like there are 1000's of Pro's running around with out ever having the top end apart and thousands of people without an issue with Polaris warranty.

YOUR reality, does not make it someone else's denial 'cause most people realize s**t happens.

Heck, my task today is to straighten the front end of a 2012 Tundra 2 550 fan (strut style, as tough as it gets). Poor sled was just doing it's job in the bush and a stump grew up right in it's path. The engine doesn't have enough power to blow your hair back.
Yet here it is. Crap design eh!

I wasn't assuming anything geo... I was making a wise crack that was clearly lost on you. It is a damn good thing you are such an expert on the future though, hopefully you are right, my money says you are wrong.

As to your supporting arguments... I suspect that people that haven't had issues with Polaris customer service are the same people that haven't had to use it. These days that goes for just about ANY company. The Polaris motor, seriously, you want to make an argument that it is more durable and longer lasting that the competition? I'll take that one on too. I haven't blown one up, never seen one blow up but I am not in denial that it can and does happen more often with this brand.

Just so nice to have such friendly "experts" around...

W

Wyormk800

Feb 13, 2012
Laramie, WY
My wife and I both have the new Axys and have both been doing break in early season rides this year. I have hit two washouts hard enough that I went OTB and my A arms are perfect. My wife had just a slight laps in judgment as she was loading in the trailer and caught her ski on the side of the trailer which threw her OTB. But hey A arm is perfect also. Seems like they can take a pretty good hit and they are OK.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
100 miles this weekend mostly off trail. Had some fairly decent hits, with the ski's straight and no damage. A rock did do some minor damage to a pro. So far I'm a very happy Axys owner.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I think this thread is pointless, the sled is made for sno, if u hit anything theres a 50 50 chance of damages. These sleds a tougher than brps stab at 430lbs back a few yrs ago, If you dont like the integrity of the stok a arms, buy aftermarket,and hope if u hit anything you dont ruin your bulk head. The arms are probably made to be a sacrificial component on the sled to save us from big repair bills.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My wife and I both have the new Axys and have both been doing break in early season rides this year. I have hit two washouts hard enough that I went OTB and my A arms are perfect. My wife had just a slight laps in judgment as she was loading in the trailer and caught her ski on the side of the trailer which threw her OTB. But hey A arm is perfect also. Seems like they can take a pretty good hit and they are OK.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Here we have a sledder that takes responsibility for his early season riding, admits to a couple of crashes and doesn't blame Polaris for his actions! Thumbs up!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
I bent mine today. I barely hit a rock going about 2mph. Didn't even realize I bent anything until I was unloading it off the deck. That's the chances we take with early season riding. I'll be giving zbroz a call!

Premium Features