• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How happy are you with your XP?

Are you happy with your XP?

• Total voters
R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I've done the rear shock upgrade on one of them and will be putting the Alternative impact 35.7" A Arms on it next week. If that works, then I'll be a happy camper. If not, then off to a cat or polaris.....

Finally! I got my XP handling and boon docking. It was great to get it working right. I did a total alignment on the track and skies. Adjusted the camber on the skis, aligned them with the track and adjusted the toe out properly. Set the air in the front and back shocks in the rear skid to Timbersled's reccomendation (had already done that though). Moved the handlebars up from the post just a hair and figured out were to place my feet on the running boards. It was awesome to finally get it all right and able to carve. Riding position is certainly important and you do have to learn to ride the chassis. But once it all came together, i had a blast. 300 miles over 4 days and lot's of carving.

I upgraded the other sled with the Alternative Impact 35.7" front end. I'd already upgraded the back shock into the 2011 position. My son rides this sled. All we can say about the AI front is is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sled was so fantastic in it's handling! All I can say is that this upgrade is worth it's weight in gold. Even as good as my XP (above) was handling, I'm going to upgrade mine with Dan's AI front end.

So finally after three seasons, I am happy with mine and estatic with my sons.

S

shortstop20

Nov 26, 2007
South Dakota
:face-icon-small-sadI have had a 08 xp. The list of problems repaired is long. Two major problems. crank broke. The sled died on the right side aka carbs replaced. i could go on. not worth it. My dealer sold me a 09 xp. great other then major carb problems. will not hold RPM under load. AKA. Having fun in meadows, hiils and long pulls like across a frozen lake. skidoo needs to set it up and make it work or finally tell us that the first two years we were there test models. They are making snowmobiling not fun after 15 years of many sleds and fun. The fun stopped when I bought my first XP. Thanks Skidoo. PS to all with the same issues. CALL SKIDOO AND DO NOT STOP TELL THEY DO SOMETHING ABOUT THERE PROBLEM WE OWN.::face-icon-small-dis

If your 09 XP won't hold RPM's under load it's much, much more likely that it's a clutching issue than a carb issue.

The carb setup on these sleds is rock solid from my experience.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
Well my POS 08 800 xp is breaking my bank account with me buying a new belt every 1600 miles,,,LOL...08 with 1800 miles nothing major, never missed a beat, 09 with 800 miles, no problem

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
New guy with Etecs

Just got into snowmobiling in January. Bought 2 Summit Etec 800s and one 2010 Summit Etec 600. Only ride in the mountains really no trail riding at all. Taken all 3 sleds out for a total of about 10 days of riding which surprisingly to me is only about 330 miles each. The ONLY problem we have had is one of the pull starters failed on an 800. Everything has worked flawlessly. I was concerned about belts(because of what I read and heard from others) but all 3 sleds are running the original belts that look new. At the end of April my boys and I went to the Nxt Lvl riding clinic that Dan Adams runs. Can't say enough about Dan, his crew and his school. We rode Polaris RMKs for 3 days. Really liked the way they rode boondocking but in my opinion the Ski Doos with the sway bars removed are almost as good there and much better everywhere else. The engines are just amazing. I never felt intimidated by the power as it is so smooth and linear. Again, I am a noob, so take my opinion for what it is worth. I am actually amazed at how little work I did all year to keep the sleds running. Just put gas and oil in them and took them to the dealer at about 250 miles for scheduled maintenance. If they would have been un-reliable or required a lot of work this would have been my first and last season of sledding. As of now I am hooked. I bascially quit skiing this year and even had a tough time taking a day off sledding to go race my car. I snow checked a Free Ride, a Summit X 163 track and a Summit X 154 track, all 3 with the new 2.5" Powder Max track. Just for fun I snow checked a Polaris Pro-RMK 800 163 track that I will prolly turbo. BTW, my dealer is I90 Motorsports in Issaquah, WA and they are awesome. Really took good care of me.

E
Mar 12, 2009
I have an 08 Summit Everest.
after my repairs if I were to try to sell it, I would only be $2500 ahead to buy a new sled....

after a mere 1200 miles my sled blew its crank seal.. $3100 later.
4 belts + shop time to "allign the clutch" in excess of $1000
Down time because of a Doo-doo.. priceless

at this point I'm going to get a Turbo Nytro mtx 162 and keep the Rev as the girlfriend sled and backup.

I will never buy a Skidoo again or recommend one.

W

Wish

Apr 30, 2002
Tri Cities, WA
www.staceysdesign.com
I love my XP! It took some adapting to get it right where I want it, still a process....and there have been a few little issues (leaky oil cap etc) but nothing I can honestly complain about...mechanically speaking, it's given me no troubles!
It can be a bit of an awkward sled to ride, but hoping a few little tweaks will help me get a better stance and do away with the problem. :D

800PowerFanatic

Aug 31, 2010
Buffalo, MN
xp

I really do Love my 2010 xp its my second ski doo and this one is the best sled
I have ever owned! The power and the nimbleness of the sled can't be beat. I used to ride the poo's, they just don't doo it like ski doo. And every machine in the world needs maintainence so you cant complain too much, and I know the 08's are kind of an exception. So get a 2010 and you won't complain!:face-icon-small-hap

snopro11

Premium Member
Nov 13, 2009
Had one of the injectors go bad on my 2010 summit xp, dealer fixed under warranty<1 year old plus 1 month>. Love the sled. I have 20 years of xc and sx racing experience, I think this is probably one of my favorite sleds. Its getting a toms full suspension or exit shocks this year which I am still on the fence. Also have an 08 shorty 600 sdi xp which Is a fun ride for mn, that sled has 5000 miles on it and one pipe sensor, and a team clutch. Can't wait to see the next platform thanks BRP!!!

D
Oct 17, 2011
Idaho
I had a 07 and 08 summit x models,loved them both,where not perfect but what sled is? Picking up 2012 etec summit x on Thursday! Can't wait for it to start snowing! Lets hope the weather man is right and it's going to be a La nina again this winter.:smow:

N
Nov 27, 2007
Tacoma, Washington
Love my 2010! Granted it only took me about a dozen good rides with some decent drops to bend the snot out of my running boards, but other than that I love it. Gas-Oil-Go! 1,300+ miles in a year and change and its been awesome....knock on wood.

T

Thunderguy BOOSTED

Oct 5, 2008
Bc Canada
Thinking of picking up a 09 ski-doo x 162"
I hate the TRA clutch with a pation! What is a aftermarket option? Poo clutch is what i have always had really good lucky with, but what do you guys say<????

Premium Features