• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

lets see your kills for the 08 hunting season!

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
lets see them guys and girls! big or small!
here is my bull i shot this year. he is my #6 elk so far. i got the chance to bag this guy on a hunt with 3 of my best friends from high school! it was a very memorable hunt!

hunting2008003.jpg

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
where did you find that monster!? ive been on the look out for a jackalope for about 5 years and still hanvt been able to track one down! first one i see is toast though!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Hayden, I saw a jackalope with FEATHERS last week. Awesome.

I also saw a beautiful mount of a strange bird back in HS....it was cross between a pheasant and a duck. You figure out what it was called. It was awesome.

ragincajun

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls Mt
ooo ooo ooo! was it a ****k! ha ha lol thats a gooder. i saw me a nice jackalope between clear water and lincoln the other day (3pt.)...swerved to get it but them things are QUICK!!!! i was sure it would have made the books!

S
Dec 3, 2007
That ole boy in the cowboy hat, now he's my kind a hunter. Always prepared with a refreshment. I bet he was a boy scout too, always prepared. Oh, nice buck by the way. :)

M
Oct 15, 2001
Forest Lake, MN
I have been battling a bad leg infection, and shouldn't have even gone out, but i don't let that stuff stop me. I just decided to say if it is brown it is down.

Legal shooting on opening day was 6:32am. 6:40am I busted a cap in a 5 point.

I would have normally not shot him, but I didn't know how long I could sit there in pain. So I didn't venture to far from the cabin. I walked about 150 yards plopped a lawn chair down on the ground because I couldn't climb into a tree. 25 yards I got him in to and BOOM. I was just happy to get something as before my injury I had been in the stand for weeks with scent blocker and everything and hadn't seen a thing!

Wasn't really excited about it like all the other deer I have shot but it was my first deer at our new land, so the rents were happy.

Deer12.JPG

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
That ole boy in the cowboy hat, now he's my kind a hunter. Always prepared with a refreshment. I bet he was a boy scout too, always prepared. Oh, nice buck by the way. :)

No doubt.

Here's my kills

yep nothing. No damn deer this year....even on fully loaded apple trees.

Makes a guy consider taking his chances hunting over corn next year. Cause doing it the "ethical and fair" way sure as hell didn't put meat in the freezer:mad:

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
i got nothing, the deer hunt sucked this year. we had i believe 7 hunters in our group and only one got a buck and it was just a little 2 point. i only seen one buck all season and it was on private property, we watched it three nights in a row hoping it would come out as it got closer and closer to the fence each night. on the third night it came right down to within 10 yards of the fence and stood there just behind a great big sign that said "no trespassing, $800.00 fine" and stared at us. man was it tempting to take the sum B but me being the law abiding citizen i am and the fact that it was on a pretty highly traveled road i didnt, then my old man told me some dude and his kids went up and shot it the next day in broad daylight and jumped the fence and got it. that sounds like somethin good to teach your kids.

oh my dad and brother did get there cow elks though.

Premium Features