• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

West Yellowstone Snowmobile Expo 850 demo rides ....

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Sooooooo........

A 2013 Pro with a turbo that we have no idea if it even runs right is beat by a new Alpha ?

I think I would like to see a more "neutral" or unbiased comparison.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
A 155" to boot, if the track is stock it would be a 2.4" paddle.

Honestly a 163" AXYS 800 vs Alpha would have been interesting. Even if the results were the same I could put stock in that comparison.

I have a boosted 155". You know what it does real well? Digs.

D

Dabull

Nov 26, 2007
utah
cant wait to read snowests report, rumor has it their result puts the alpha on top over both 850s. I keep hearing it but until I see it on video its just voices in the wind.

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
I can tell everyone with certainty that the Alpha beats everything out there. From what I've seen, no comparison. This based on reading the Arctic Cat section.

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
I rode a early release cat back and thought the power was better than the alpha. 5 horse isn't huge so maybe not noticeable. Depends on where it's at.

I would agree, a friend of mine has a early release 18 162. Feels more powerful for sure.

I was simply stating what we were told in West by the Cat reps.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
Anyone know why Polaris pulled the plug on demo rides ? Was it just that day they decided no ride ? I would think Polaris would be egar to get the public on their new 850.

The guys manning the Polaris tent at the Expo turned out to be employees from a couple different dealerships, not Polaris corporate employees and hence had no answers regarding the demo no show.

Premium Features