• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 Polaris Assault 800

S
Feb 28, 2018
Russell, MB
needing help with fuel mapping...have a polaris assault 800 with turbo running the power commander v (19-030-PTI) elevation is at 0-2000, using 120 octane as well

any help would be appreciated :bowl:

Last edited:

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Back in 2012 there was an employee of dynojet posting on here as dynojet research.
He was promoting the product and seemed to have a handle on tuning with it.
Maybe he is still around?

S
Feb 28, 2018
Russell, MB
thanks

i have it hooked up, its just the whole fuel mapping im having issues with, i have tried dynojet and they dont have anything for me...she runs it just doesnt have have full power and there seems to be bog/hesitation on low end 2-4500rpm...top end has a pop which to me seems like its running lean, but as i add more fuel top end it bogs worse...

Kenny B

Lifetime Membership
Nov 11, 2008
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Hey Scrubs, I have had just about every issue known I think... But may be I can help, Are you taking any timing out of the motor? What boost you running? 3.5-4 is about all your going to support at sea level. I'm running a viper now, but in the earlier days, I had a BD Timing chip, take three degrees out up top. Will help your detonation problem. Gap your plugs down to. Give us abit more info, I'll check back.

S
Feb 28, 2018
Russell, MB

800 assault with the silber turbo (reflashed ECU as well) had 76g weights in it, dialed back to about 60-70ish cant remember exact weight, helped with the low end bog, i have the 5-6lbs boost in now...i do believe im heading in the right direction now as i raced a 1100 cat turbo on 16boost...i believe i had him...but we would see for sure tomorrow at the local snow drags...

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
800 assault with the silber turbo (reflashed ECU as well) had 76g weights in it, dialed back to about 60-70ish cant remember exact weight, helped with the low end bog, i have the 5-6lbs boost in now...i do believe im heading in the right direction now as i raced a 1100 cat turbo on 16boost...i believe i had him...but we would see for sure tomorrow at the local snow drags...

Elevation of 0-2000' with only 76 grams on a Silber reflash at 5-6 lbs of boost??

I run 78 grams at 6,000 feet and 7-8 lbs.

Not near enough clutch weight. Not enough information on sled, set-up to help. You need to list full specs, track length, lug height, clutching set-up, secondary, engine mods, octane, etc..

5-6 lbs at such low elevation is going to take some serious clutch weight and fuel octane. And unless you do it right, more clutch weight can cause weird issues such as bogs at low engine loads and RPM.

Premium Features