• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Starting and Reverse Issues on a 2016 t3 174

R
Jan 31, 2008
SouthEastern Idaho
I have a 2016 that has always started first pull even after sitting for months. I've never had any issues with her but last Saturday I was coming up a hill and let off the throttle very abruptly and it made a strange breathy sound and died. Had to pull it over a dozen times to start it, and it sounded slightly off. We were still quite a ways from the home so I rode it about 16 miles or so out, at high end it seemed perfectly fine but just seemed a bit weak on low and midrange, and had to give it a little throttle to get it to start(this has NEVER been the case before). Got it back to the garage and after sitting overnight it seems to start easier, but idle seems low around 1100-1200 rpms. and if I try to put it in reverse it dies. Anyone have any thoughts about what might cause this?

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
How many miles do you have on her? Most of the time if a sled won't go in reverse it's low compression.

Diamond8

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2007
Tri-Cities Washington
What Skidooguy said..........check the fuel pump......it's gasket.....and it's operation. Have had two sleds in our group do the same thing and it was traced back to issues with the fuel pump. Leaking....not building proper fuel pressure then causing starting / running issues.

Dave

R
Jan 31, 2008
SouthEastern Idaho
Thanks everyone for the help

Turns out it was a compression issue, the mag side cylinder only had 95psi. Turns out the pin that holds the ring in had come out and caused all kinds of mayhem. Thanks again to all that responded.

Premium Features