• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"FBF" Throttle/Oil Cables

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
Does anyone have a phone number or contact info other than email or PM for FBF? I need a cable and want to buy one but haven't been able to get a hold of him. Iv'e been trying for a couple of weeks now via PM and email through the forum with no luck. I'll be ready to put my engine back in the sled in a couple of weeks and I would sure like to do the cable before then or at least know when I could expect to get one so I can plan for it.

Thanks, John

T

thebirdman

Dec 18, 2007
I have been trying to get one since the end of last season! Fbf told me he wouldnt have any until this season if the there was a demand for them.

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
Cables

I have been trying to get one since the end of last season! Fbf told me he wouldnt have any until this season if the there was a demand for them.

Wow! Kinda ironic that everyone says to use these cables but I see a lot of posts saying they are having a hard time getting them or even getting a hold of FBF. I understand the small manufacturing lot dilema but "this season" is coming quick and they seem to take a while to manufacure from what I've seen in other posts so it seems like if he were going to make a production run for this season the time to start would be now (or maybe even a few weeks ago).

Maybe he's not making them or having them made any more??

What is the alternative?

:face-icon-small-dis John

R
Dec 17, 2006
Wow! Kinda ironic that everyone says to use these cables but I see a lot of posts saying they are having a hard time getting them or even getting a hold of FBF. I understand the small manufacturing lot dilema but "this season" is coming quick and they seem to take a while to manufacure from what I've seen in other posts so it seems like if he were going to make a production run for this season the time to start would be now (or maybe even a few weeks ago).

Maybe he's not making them or having them made any more??

What is the alternative? put a copper piece in between the stock oil cable where that black piece is that the cable runs thru, to hold it together. that's where they break,or pull apart. that will fix it

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

Good news and bad news...

Bad - still no answer from FBF and I have heard of some people trying for almost a year to get a hold of him. I hate to get into someones business but we need cables!!!!

Good - We have talked to a company that makes high quality cables right here in the US and they say they can make these with a quick turn-around. I am not in this to sell cables...I just need one. In fact you would simply call the company and reference an order number that I set up for this special cable and they will make your cable.

Let me know how many of you are interested.

Thanks, John

S

sno_mo_racer

Oct 28, 2009
Kugluktuk Nunavut
Good news and bad news...

Bad - still no answer from FBF and I have heard of some people trying for almost a year to get a hold of him. I hate to get into someones business but we need cables!!!!

Good - We have talked to a company that makes high quality cables right here in the US and they say they can make these with a quick turn-around. I am not in this to sell cables...I just need one. In fact you would simply call the company and reference an order number that I set up for this special cable and they will make your cable.

Let me know how many of you are interested.

Thanks, John

If you can that would be great for the guys that need it. Got lucky manage to get one last winter. Don't remember if I read it or not but wouldn't FBF have a patent on the cable? Maybe if so they can make a different design?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I've tried to email Claude as well... the email was returned as undeliverable.

Claudes cables are top notch... I have two of them and installed about 10 for people.

His price is right as well....

Just need to get some out there.

FBF... Where O Where are you???

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

Hey I have seen his cables and know they are top notch and although I don't know Claude I hear he's a great guy. But no matter how good his cables are...if you can't get one what good does it do? It wouldn't be bad to have a backup supplier for these right?

No the cable does not have a patent. I know a thing or two about patents having a 1/2 dozen or so myself. :face-icon-small-hap There are far too many designs just like that cable that came out before that cable so you would not be able to get a patent on it even if you spent the $7K-$10K for filing.

I'll keep everyone posted.

John

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

The cable company is working on getting us a quote for how much the cables will cost. I should know somthing within a week. The way it would work is there would be an order number for this custom cable and you would call the cable company directly and order one or more using the order number. I will NOT be selling cables! Once I set the order number up and get my cable I will be done with this. :face-icon-small-ton

John

Z-Man

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
Hmmm, I have one or two extras. Maybe I need to auction them off to the highest bidder. Or maybe everyone can get together and I will throw them into the center of the room and everyone can fight for them...lol:face-icon-small-win

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

Hmmm, I have one or two extras. Maybe I need to auction them off to the highest bidder. Or maybe everyone can get together and I will throw them into the center of the room and everyone can fight for them...lol:face-icon-small-win

100 men and two cables enter...2 men and 2 cables come out!! :face-icon-small-hap Sounds like a scene from Mad Max Thunderdome! I like it...I'm in!!

M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
cables

OK Great news! The company can make the cables no problem. The one they are set up for is the extended version which will work on all our sleds even ones like mine without any bar risers. The cost will be about $43 plus shipping (and maybe tax if you live in Taxafornia like I do). The turn around time is 9-10 days and then you'd add the shipping time for the West Coast to where you are so figure about 2 weeks after you order. I don't have the part number for the cable yet but will when mine is done in 9-10 days. Once I have the number I'll post all of the contact info and the part number and you can all get cables 2 weeks later if you want!

John

Premium Features