• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski dampener for proride/Axys with gripper skis.

D
May 24, 2012
The design looks great! If they are durable, it will be a five star fix! I've tried many different rubbers Such as ski-doo, C&A or Axys rubber with half a ski-doo rubber off to the side to bear some of the weight. None seem to last more than couple rides. They either get spit out of the ski or torn. Silicone di-electric lubricant on the rubbers is the one item that makes them last longer. I like the gripper ski just has a very poor rubber design.

That didn't go unnoticed ;) I use Dow 111 on all rubber for the engine like injector o-rings and head gaskets, and all bolt threads including the underside of each bolt head. I managed to rejuvenate the diaphragm pump on a chain saw that still works after 5 years. Obviously it didn't fix the rubber, but it got it going again after a fuel problem and has continued to work for the pat 5 years.

The first time I read of another use for the product was on DooTalk for the brake caliper guide bolts. I was having the same repeated troubles on a specific car so I figured no harm in trying. It's been 7 years having used it on various cars and trucks with amazing results. I am on my second tube with the first one bought at my BRP dealer, so it goes a long way.

Premium Features