Upgrade to Premium
Trucks and Trailers Towing and hauling your sleds

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2019, 11:22 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Bourboncty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best sled deck?

Who makes the best sled deck? I have heard good things about lotus, marlon, and truckboss but curious what people's experiences have been. Would like to get one that bolts into the bed and seals (any risk of bed rot if i do this).

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 03-06-2019, 08:28 PM
Currently: Life in the Powder Room even here in the NW
Dragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond reputeDragonflya has a reputation beyond repute
Default Truckboss

I love my TruckBoss sled Deck, had it for a year now. New Company Owner here now in Pacific NW. It is sealed underneath so nothing gets wet. I also have the optional sliding Tray. All Aluminum so nothing to rot and looks good all year around. The extenders are awesome as well when 2 sleds are going. The Ramp is also better and has safety locks. I like the accessory lighting as well both inside and exterior. The Sledlocks are the real deal as well.
I get lots of compliments daily with this deck on my lifted 3500 Silverado with 37’ Toyo’s, it’s a piece of artwork.

I left my deck on all summer. Worked great for multi purpose. I was able to haul 4 Kayaks on top to Redfish Lake pulling a travel trailer.

Saw some Russians struggling to load their sleds last weekend at Mt. Adams. They had an off brand deck with a sub par ramp, glad I went with TruckBoss. You get what you pay for.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:03 AM
snowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond reputesnowracer21 has a reputation beyond repute

I know the Marlons are built overseas...but I've had mine for two years and I love it. No problems, still looks new.

Old 03-07-2019, 06:04 PM
Currently: Chasin snow
Basic Member
slednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond reputeslednfool has a reputation beyond repute

I have an older silverlake, with a dove tail. Buddy has the slide in sides with no dove. It's cool when the sleds aren't loaded but the ramps kind of a pain not having the dove to land on.

Old 03-08-2019, 12:59 PM
Thanked 1,194 Times in 689 Posts
SRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond reputeSRXSRULE has a reputation beyond repute

Truckboss.

VERY well engineered and amazing quality.

Watch for summer package deals on their website. Buy direct for the best deals and honest flat rate shipping prices.

They look great year after year and have very good resale value.

Old 05-24-2019, 10:03 PM
JETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond reputeJETJOHNSO has a reputation beyond repute
Default MARLON

I my opinion , its pretty hard to beat a marlon pro for price, ease of use, quality and function and fit, We've sold a lot of them , 2 in my family alone, great decks , good resale value and hard to beat, Just my 2 cents worth

Old 05-27-2019, 11:02 PM
Currently: Doing Yard-work!
Thanked 3,829 Times in 2,023 Posts
94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute94fordguy has a reputation beyond repute

I've had my Silverlake beavertail deck for about 9 years and it was used when I bought it. I've had zero issues with it. It's obviously not weather-tight to the bed as that concept hadn't been thought of at that time, but it does everything I ask of it and I've done literally nothing to it since they year I bought it. Still very happy with it 9 years later!

Support Public Access to Public Land

13 PRO RMK 800 162 VEI Custom
13 PRO RMK 800 155
12 Ford F-350 Lariat C/C S/B 4x4 6.7L Powerstroke...142K
08 Polaris Scrambler 500 4x4
06 Kawasaki ZZR 600
05 RMK 900 166 Anniversary Edition #850 6,814 Miles
02 Interstate 19' Enclosed

Last edited by 94fordguy; 05-27-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Old 06-02-2019, 08:46 PM
Currently: I know, let's have a spelling contest
Thanked 1,538 Times in 870 Posts
AndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond reputeAndrettiDog has a reputation beyond repute

Another vote for TruckBoss. But...if you need to take your deck out, TruckBoss might not be for you. I just finished two years of use with this deck and taking it in and out kinda sucks. You don't just pick it up and out like traditional decks. I take mine out so that I can use my fifth wheel hitch for a camper. But, the deck is awesome. Seals up well, and the modular design is money. TruckBoss is expensive, but I think it is the best. I also had one of the traditional decks, and they just are not the same. TruckBoss needs to re-work the extension too. It just doesn't work as well as they intended. Doesn't flip well and causes the sides to be out more than they should. Overall...I'd still do a TruckBoss.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg TruckBoss.jpg (153.3 KB, 173 views)

Old 06-04-2019, 04:19 PM
Currently: is it Khaos time yet?
Thanked 2,571 Times in 1,494 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute

The marlon's are pretty dang nice for the price. the tracks down the side make it easy to tie things down that aren't just sleds. I would say they are the best mix of well designed and reasonable cost.

The truckboss's are super nice, but like mentioned, if your someone that has to pull the deck multiple times a year for goosneck use etc then its not really a worthwhile setup.

Silverlake makes a nice deck, good explandable sides, nice well built ramp etc.

Jetstream, i've run one of these for multiple years, pretty no frills setup and incredible pricing. low 2k pricing for all aluminum and treated decking.

Regardless of brand, do an aluminum deck. There are plenty of people whipping up steel decks as anyone with a mig and a chopsaw can make one. They work but not really worth paying for, takes around a day to make one if its not powdercoated its going to rust sooner then later and with the cost of powdercoating alone you can get into some cheaper aluminum purchased models.

Quick thoughts on pricing, IMO once a deck exceeds 4k with accessories its time to consider a custom flatbed. There are numerous companies that make them (Silverlake T-rex Fab etc) I got a killer deal on a used one and its the best of every world. You can haul sleds and have goose neck hitch with no compromises or change over. I hauled our large gooseneck shop trailer to jackson hole this year. Park trailer in display spot, unload sleds out of the back, go riding, bring them back, hook up and head home when its all over. This is a pretty specific scenario, but a deck does have some limitations. Also the lower CG of flatbeds makes loading way less sketchy (around 16" lower then a deck) also it caries the sleds weight really nice, much less body roll when tearing down the highway. Overall just more useful more of the time.

Old 06-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Currently: working for the man
boondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond reputeboondocker97 has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-08-2019, 12:14 AM
Basic Member
snowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond reputesnowrunner has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register