• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

<< MASSIVE UPGRADE to the SnoWest Forums coming >>

Thread Rating
3.00 star(s)

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
:boink: OUCH.. STOP :boink: OUCH.. STOP
Sorry Chris, couldn't resist a good poke. Snow's going fast, had to find something beside my cat to kick around because of it :face-icon-small-hap

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Thanks for your renewal $$$ we should have this baby current by 2040. You might re title this thread Bait and Switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
:boink: OUCH.. STOP :boink: OUCH.. STOP
Sorry Chris, couldn't resist a good poke. Snow's going fast, had to find something beside my cat to kick around because of it :face-icon-small-hap
No Worries.
Anything worth doing is worth doing RIGHT.
This project just turned out to be MUCH harder than any of us guessed.
Fully synchronizing the databases has proven to be MUCH harder than ever imagined.

We can get it to about 96 hours, but I keep pushing to get it to just a few hours so we don't lose a full week's worth of posts and comments.

AND

I really want both copies of the forum, NEW and OLD to be running SIDE-BY-SIDE for at least a couple days so we can jump back and forth and be SURE nothing has been lost in the export-conversion-import process.

Each time we have done it by hand we have found missing content.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
The master of his domain.

Hopefully you can get it figured out soon. :)

It IS comforting to know that computers hate someone else besides me! :D
i958OzsQWxuc7LZacQOx98jmJV8z7npx-DeswC1lBWYuM48kCWYlVvH1_-2C5gVwOXOqrvQUyUDecImq5q8z3NoWKPK1QcCoJjZczfVtOOsnj7-rEMFMuiNwQq_McxCiNjUcI33O

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
LOOOONG OVERDUE UPDATE:

Invitations were just sent out to all of the SnoWest Moderators to begin testing on the new BETA forums that went live this afternoon.

The last beta forum got completely scrapped and we started over again from scratch.

Ran into too many issues that we were simply not able to overcome in a timely manner.

This time around things are moving much faster and working better.

By this time next week we should have a pretty good idea on when we can invite our members to jump in and begin trying to break it after the Mods have done their best to destroy it on the first round.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
LOOOONG OVERDUE UPDATE:

Invitations were just sent out to all of the SnoWest Moderators to begin testing on the new BETA forums that went live this afternoon.

The last beta forum got completely scrapped and we started over again from scratch.

Ran into too many issues that we were simply not able to overcome in a timely manner.

This time around things are moving much faster and working better.

By this time next week we should have a pretty good idea on when we can invite our members to jump in and begin trying to break it after the Mods have done their best to destroy it on the first round.
Gimmie a shot... I'll find some negatives fur ya....

Polaris

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
First round of Moderator Comments are just starting to come in.
Biggest issues identified were membership Permission errors.

All of the correct membership permissions should go live in the next 2 hours.

The debugging and testing process has finally begun..:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features