• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 F250 Superduty

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

richracer1

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2011
Idaho Falls, ID
Is there anything on the Platinum that can't be ordered on the King Ranch?

If you go this route, make sure you price both. My Dad was in the process of ordering a '97 GMC 2500 4x4 SLE and wanted some of the items that come standard with the SLT model . When the dealer compared what he wanted add to the SLE model, it would only cost $200 more to go the SLT model. Just an FYI.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If you go this route, make sure you price both. My Dad was in the process of ordering a '97 GMC 2500 4x4 SLE and wanted some of the items that come standard with the SLT model . When the dealer compared what he wanted add to the SLE model, it would only cost $200 more to go the SLT model. Just an FYI.

Once Ford actually puts the new trucks Online and allows you to start building up a custom vehicle order, THEN I will be able to see the exact differences.

What I am leaning towards is the higher quality of the leather seats on the King Ranch version, IF I can order the additional goodies that come with the Platinum edition.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
if your going to order it then you can get your own custom package, if your picking one off the lot there are a bunch of different packages for just the king ranch. I have had 5 King ranch super duty's over the years and most have above average options bt you would be surprised on some of the weird packages out there. I have had 2011 and now on a 2014 so the 17 is one I just might be looking at. would love to see the 500 hp 1000 tq :face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton
have had 3/4 and tonners can't say the insurance was any different, is 200.00 a year more for one or the other going to change your mind when your paying 55k to get one out the door?:face-icon-small-blu

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
if your going to order it then you can get your own custom package, if your picking one off the lot there are a bunch of different packages for just the king ranch. I have had 5 King ranch super duty's over the years and most have above average options bt you would be surprised on some of the weird packages out there. I have had 2011 and now on a 2014 so the 17 is one I just might be looking at. would love to see the 500 hp 1000 tq :face-icon-small-ton:face-icon-small-ton
have had 3/4 and tonners can't say the insurance was any different, is 200.00 a year more for one or the other going to change your mind when your paying 55k to get one out the door?:face-icon-small-blu
Nope
That won't make any difference in the buying decision at all.

Since you have had FIVE KRs over the years.
In your opinion, DOES the KR Leather hold up better over time?

This needs to be a 10-15 year truck for me.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
from 2003 to 2010 the leather was real untreated almost saddle leather. you had to clean and lube it about evey 3-6 mo. in 2011 it is now just like the other sealed leather but has a nice KR trim only on the seats. ford does use good leather in the trucks tho.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
from 2003 to 2010 the leather was real untreated almost saddle leather. you had to clean and lube it about evey 3-6 mo. in 2011 it is now just like the other sealed leather but has a nice KR trim only on the seats. ford does use good leather in the trucks tho.
Thanks.
This will be my FIRST leather seated truck.
Have always gone with cloth before.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I'm with Scott but 2 must haves with the leather is heated and COOLED sets! you can get the back just heat only and i'm fine with this!

they hold up just fine just don't get in without trying to dry off a bit, i keep 2 towels under the back seat just for this on rafting days.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm with Scott but 2 must haves with the leather is heated and COOLED sets! you can get the back just heat only and i'm fine with this!

they hold up just fine just don't get in without trying to dry off a bit, i keep 2 towels under the back seat just for this on rafting days.
BINGO.
Something tells me no matter HOW hard I try there ARE going to be those times when that leather is going to get moist. Not dripping soaking wet, but moist. I just don't want that to destroy it.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Don't sweat it.

Really.

The number of people who say they won't go back to cloth is WAY higher than those who will go back.

WAY WAY HIGHER.
Especially in my non-scientific data collection.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I can't imagine ever going back to cloth seats. The leather cleans up so much easier and with two dogs that shed like crazy it's much easier to vacuum that off leather then cloth. Especially that thick husky type fur. But I will agree with kiliki and I keep a towel in the truck for those times I get really wet (think pouring rain loading ATV's type of thing) But just take care of the leather and you'll be fine for a long time.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
I am on my 3rd leather setup. I work in the woods with mine and have miserable conditions with road dust. The cloth interior would absorb, hold and release the dust back into the cab. The leather does not and wipes clean very easily. I keep a terry cloth shop towel in each door pocket to wipe up any spills or to wipe my hands after going through gates or handling anything dirty which helps keep things cleaner longer.

During the winter, I'm in and out of the truck with wet and/or muddy clothes and gear on. Don't be lazy with it and pay attention and you'll be fine.

I don't have the seat cooling, likely on my next one, but the seat is super nice for my back after a long day out in the elements. Another benefit is the ability to keep the cabin air cooler while staying warm. This helps minimize drowsy driving after a long day by having the cab too warm. I know it is just a little thing, but after a 10-12 hour day and several hours to get home, it is nice to warm up quickly with the seat heat but still staying alert to drive.

Premium Features