• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

98 rmk700 Clutch?

F
so, my motor runs great, but my track doesnt turn when i need it to. when i hit the throttle, the track doesnt go, it takes a whole bunch of shakin and jumpin, but when it does move, it flat rips. i think i may need a new clutch, and i have no idea what to get. any body have any suggestions on a higher performance clutch? i have aftermarket stuff all over this sled, but the clutch is stock. do i need to rebiuld, or buy an upgrade? im fairly new to sledding, but not to motors. Help for the new guy on the mountain?

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
What clutch do you think is bad? primary or secondary?

Has either EVER been rebuilt? No aftermarket clutch is going to be any better than what you have, in fact most are worse.

If you have never done any maintenance to either of your clutches have both of them rebuilt, and get a new belt.

Check/ change the fluid in the chain case and make sure the chain and gears are in good working order.

If your not sure what to look for or how to rebuild a clutch have someone qualified do it. There is a lot you can screw up.

Premium Features