• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

09 m1000 stutter or bog low rpms

S
Nov 9, 2008
Had my second ride on my new sled noticing some bog or stutter untill i squezze it to the bar ,it has persions performance can? anyone running this can could this be the problem everything thing else stock. Doesnt seem the power is getting to the ground what should i try.

W

websledder

Nov 30, 2007
Cdn prairie
Scour Up your Sheaves

I just spent all weekend trouble shooting a similar problem. Believe it or not but cleaning/scouring up BOTH sheaves and tighting up the belt (less deflection) did the trick. Works like a top now. I could not beleive the effect of smooth sheaves did (guess I waited too long to do it).

I use brillo, then got best results with 200 grit. Make sure you clean the dust off real good (dry wipe, then warm soapy water and dry wipe again).

Best belt deflection is when the belt is just barely squeaking at standstill - don't go by the book (measurement) if you want it spot on.

My theory is the sled (m1000 09) has so much power that if the sheaves are smooth the belt will slip. I remember going all season with lower power sleds without scouring/cleaning (when I was younger & dumber :)

K

killerrf

Nov 27, 2007
sk
i find the xs 817 seems to be stickier than the 060 belt. i switched to this belt and if i get good life out of it then im going to keep on using them.... much cheaper to boot.

A
Mar 30, 2009
Sounds like either it could be a clutching issue but more likely its your oil setting. Pull your y-pipe off and check how wet it is inside. Ideal is mostly dry with trails of oil coming from each port. Stock sleds come way too rich. lengthening the oil injection arm will turn the oil down. Just adjust it one turn at a time and ride it in between setting to let the oil clear up. hope this helps!

markoo

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Southern Alberta
I don't think you can calibrate your oil pump by looking in the pipe. You need to measure how much oil you use compared to gas. 40 liters of gas to 1 liter of oil would give you a 40:1 ratio.

S
Nov 9, 2008
can too much oil do this why does it clear up when its squezzed to the bar and it really seems like it gets loaded up not sure going to try a new can i think its the problem but not to sure.

Premium Features