• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Single pin Wedge front end.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Anyone ever seen or heard of these. The appear to have been made by Holz but there is next to no info out there about them. Anyone ever run one? It appears to be interesting at least and looks like it would have a good deal of travel.

Single pin 1.jpg Single pin 2.jpg Single Pin 3.jpg Single pin 4.jpg

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
The single pin was designed and built by Hotseat, they made their debut with it at Duluth in 98, after that race Polaris engineering stepped in and bought the design rights, pending patents and the only 2 sleds known to exist. Polaris did some more work to it and then it never went anywhere, in some of the spy shots in 05 of the IQ, you could see the Single pin in the background of 1 of the shots.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Interesting to say the least. Someone asked me about it the other day, and I didnt really know much about it other than I had seen in in a Mag a LONG time ago. makes since why no one heard or seen anything of it since then.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
It looks somewhat similar to the Lynx which I think is the European Ski-Doo version. Not sure where it works better than a double arm design.

AgentRmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
The chassis/suspension/sleds where built by Mark Holz. Sled weight, full of fuel was 413 lbs. Single Pin front end, Coil-over rear skid, Magnesium chaincase, gun-drilled shafts, chromoly everything else. Motors where mounted by the sides(no motor plate underneath). Alot of stuff that we see today in the sleds.
I have one that I am doing a resto on. It was Rick Wards RMSHA sled 7X.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
The chassis/suspension/sleds where built by Mark Holz. Sled weight, full of fuel was 413 lbs. Single Pin front end, Coil-over rear skid, Magnesium chaincase, gun-drilled shafts, chromoly everything else. Motors where mounted by the sides(no motor plate underneath). Alot of stuff that we see today in the sleds.
I have one that I am doing a resto on. It was Rick Wards RMSHA sled 7X.

I have heard tell of that sled. I thought someone said it was partially wrecked? How bad of shape is it in? Have any pictures of the beast?

I've had a couple of Ricks sleds over the years one was pretty beat when I got it, the other was in decent shape. Both ran like raped ape's though. Im not sure what exactly he did to them, but they were fast.

AgentRmk

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
It's what you would expect of an old race sled.
It has a twin piped 660 small block in it.
I am going to keep it close to what it was/is.
Planning on 'upgrading' some of the items on the sled.
I don't have any pics - sled is partially torn down.
Motor totally redone-pump gas set-up, changing to Jack's 660 single pipe.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
It's what you would expect of an old race sled.
It has a twin piped 660 small block in it.
I am going to keep it close to what it was/is.
Planning on 'upgrading' some of the items on the sled.
I don't have any pics - sled is partially torn down.
Motor totally redone-pump gas set-up, changing to Jack's 660 single pipe.

Very nice. Wonder how its going to ride?

Premium Features