For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Polaris: GEN 1 and older 1998 and older, all models in the Gen 1 Indy chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2017, 08:47 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Polaris794 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Storm engine in CRC sled. Can it be done?

Hello all, I bought a 1995 storm for $600 and has 1700 miles on it. Great engine. But everything else is in rough shape. I thought it would be cool to put the engine in a 1998 rmk 600 wedge. I have this vision to get the hood painted white and have stock syle storm graphics custom made in red and blue. I think it would be a real head turner. Ok back to business. Has anyone done this swap successfully?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-11-2017, 12:20 AM
Currently: I'd rather snowshoe than be caught on a SKIDOO! I'm not feminine / gay enough to ride SkiDoo either.
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,114 Posts
LoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond repute

I did it for a couple full mod hillclimb sleds, but you / we didn't have to run a hood in those days (Pipe Clearance). From memory, the only real difference is the twins Bulkhead Mag side motor mount has to be moved over to fit the triple. Used a crucifier (carbide cordless skill saw blade on a 4 1/2" grinder, use the guard, I have a nice scar and severed a few tendons doing it without a guard) to cut the welds and re-welded it over about 2" to fit the bulkhead to the Storm's engine straps.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-11-2017, 05:27 AM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Polaris794 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info. Did you try putting the hood on? Or wouldnt it clear the pipes?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 10-11-2017, 08:47 AM
Currently: I'd rather snowshoe than be caught on a SKIDOO! I'm not feminine / gay enough to ride SkiDoo either.
Thanked 1,840 Times in 1,114 Posts
LoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond reputeLoudHandle has a reputation beyond repute

Too old to remember. Guessing that it would fit.

Old 10-16-2017, 09:03 AM
Currently: In limbo
sled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond reputesled_guy has a reputation beyond repute

Hood fitment is the big issue. To get the motor in above the CRC you end up with the motor being higher in the chassis. That causes the wedge hoot to hit the spark plugs. I got around it by opening up the headlight area some. And the pipes fitting also causes some issues.

We did an XCR motor in to a 1999 Gen II RMK and that was worked well because the GenII hood sits higher.

sled_guy

The Following User Says Thank You to sled_guy For This Useful Post:
Polaris794 (10-23-2017)