• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017/18 Snowy Range snow conditions

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Conditions are very good just get away from the trail lots of new snow if you poke around a little.

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
Rode Friday and it was beautiful, sunny skies and no wind. There is powder to be had the further north you go. Overnight into Saturday the wind picked up with 60-80 mph gusts by afternoon. Conditions were at or near white out. I did see some trucks going up the hill and then many of them were coming back down an hour later. Saturday was also the poker run, if you’ve never been to Centennial the weekend of the poker run it’s a great time. A few hundred people come into town and all the bars have live music. This morning was more of the same wind and white out conditions so we left town early. I’d normally call the weekend a bust missing out on two days of riding but with the unusual perfect weather on Friday and the party on Saturday night it was a great time in Centennial!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Road yesterday and today. 12-20 inches fresh powder DEEP in the bush northwest of Quealy Hut on top of unlimited base. The rest of the range looks like November conditions. Did the whole loop.

If your not a heavy timber rider, the Snowies need a LOT of snow to cover up all the landmines I saw. Worst I've seen the east side in 8 years.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
Road yesterday and today. 12-20 inches fresh powder DEEP in the bush northwest of Quealy Hut on top of unlimited base. The rest of the range looks like November conditions. Did the whole loop.

If your not a heavy timber rider, the Snowies need a LOT of snow to cover up all the landmines I saw. Worst I've seen the east side in 8 years.
Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

It's funny how the Snowys is like that. Any other place I've rode doesn't have such variable conditions in such a small area. 5 years ago I brought my uncle for the first time and he was downright pissed he rode in the truck for 14 hours to ride over rocks and logs going across the east side. Once we got to Quealy and west, his opinion changed!

W

Walleye65

Nov 6, 2014
leaving tonight for Albany Lodge. Riding Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday. Any reports-info regarding current conditions ?

HOWScat

Lifetime Membership
Jan 18, 2009
Looked for decent snow all day Thursday. Extremely set up, even in trees. 2-4" of fluff on top of pavement. Left that afternoon

..SNAKEBIT..

Lifetime Membership
Jun 24, 2004
Iowa
Rode Sunday thru Wednesday
found decent snow, could of used lots more of new stuff though
got less every day we rode.
WILL NEED SNOW GODS TO BLESS THE AREA.

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
I sold a set of stock a arms to a guy on the mt that broke one of his. I accidently gave you the steering rods from a cat. Doubt they are going to work and would like to get you the right ones!

If this was you, pm me and I'll get you the right ones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
Update from Old Corral:

Notice:
Just received word from one of the groomers that tomorrow, March 31st, will be the last day for trails being groomed in the Snowy Range. Also, the warming huts will be pulled off the hill Monday and the trail markers pulled shortly thereafter. If you are unfamiliar with the area, please be cautious in your travels...especially in whiteout conditions. The snow is still great for this time of year with more storms coming, but if you'd like someone to show you around give our friends at 3C Guiding a call and they'll make sure you don't get lost.

bigrig

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
LAKE PARK, IA
Update from Old Corral:

Notice:
Just received word from one of the groomers that tomorrow, March 31st, will be the last day for trails being groomed in the Snowy Range. Also, the warming huts will be pulled off the hill Monday and the trail markers pulled shortly thereafter. If you are unfamiliar with the area, please be cautious in your travels...especially in whiteout conditions. The snow is still great for this time of year with more storms coming, but if you'd like someone to show you around give our friends at 3C Guiding a call and they'll make sure you don't get lost.

Really, we don't need groomers. Would like to come see ya in April- or May

ACWill530

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2017
Riding today was good. Getting some more snow tonight. I'll be back up tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Wintertime

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2014
Casper, WY
This has always baffled me why they do that. We still have good snow and many people still ride. Grooming should continue til the snow is gone or later in April, we always have snow through April. They don't start plowing the road til mid May or later. Snowmobiling brings in LOTS of money to the state and all the towns around these areas we should keep that as long as we can. Not that Grooming or Huts will stop people from riding. I just think it should keep going. Leave the markers and huts up, at least til mid or late April. If it's a money thing than rise the sticker price I'll gladly pay to have more support for riding, if that's it?

sledhead685

Premium Member
Jan 12, 2012
Laramie
We were told by state trails that they need time to inventory all the trail markers before moving on to their summer projects. Seems kind of silly to me, just like how WYDOT likes to plow the pass into December and then close it a day later, leaving us with 10 miles of pavement to grind down.

GSPLewie

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2016
We plan on coming out Thursday night and riding through Sunday. Still expected to get good snow on Friday. Any thoughts on our 1000 mile round trip is worthwhile? Hearing mixed reviews on conditions.

Premium Features