• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

looking for people to ride with

P
Jan 9, 2016
Looking for people to ride with that don't mind someone relatively new. Ive been out a half dozen times this season already and in some deep snow. I do ok but need work on side hilling.

I have an anvy pack and picking up a beacon and the rest of what I need next week. Im also doing an avalanche safety course this weekend.

The group I started riding with I ended up slowing down too much and cant ride with them enough to actually get good at this sport.

I am in the Idaho falls Rexburg area.

If no one wants me to tag along I understand. I really don't want to go back to just snowboarding.

P
Jan 9, 2016
Sounds good as long as you don't mind someone new. I got in touch with a group out of idaho falls im riding with this weekend so hopefully I can keep riding and getting better. I just want to ride as much as I can.

Ill send you a PM with my number and can get in touch to ride whenever.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I ride a lot of the time by myself, would be happy to have someone to go with, new or not. I am in McCall. PM me if you get up here.

R
Nov 26, 2007
New Meadows
Hello
Moving to New Meadows, also looking for people to ride with, around McCall. Hate digging myself out alone!! PM me and I will give you my email and phone#
Backcountry rider, Avy pack and beacon.

Rick

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Always happy to make new riding friends.
Been a horrible season for me so far with sled build issues, but hope to have that resolved very soon now. Once that is behind me would be more than happy to ride with new guys in our area.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I am a bit shocked at reading about guys riding alone. Please, find someone to ride with. A ride alone just isn't worth the potential life threatening situations that you could get into without having at least one other person with you. Not preaching, just hate to see someone get caught in a bad situation. Hope ya'all find people to ride with.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I ride alone about 25% of the time. Main reason is it only takes me 5-10 minutes to get to the parking lot and my work schedule is flexible. If the snow is awesome and the sun comes out I'm going riding. I might only be up there for an hour or two but its always worth it. I also like to go alone when I want to do testing. I may be changing clutches or weights or shocks and I dont want to do these kind of things when were riding on the weekend.
You just be smart about what your doing and where you are riding and never get farther away from the truck then you can walk out ;) Eric

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
I prefer to ride alone. No waiting, no wondering where they are and no stiff neck looking around for the other rider(s). I can go where I want, when I want and go home when I want. I live by seven words; you're born, **** happens then you die.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
I am a bit shocked at reading about guys riding alone. Please, find someone to ride with. A ride alone just isn't worth the potential life threatening situations that you could get into without having at least one other person with you. Not preaching, just hate to see someone get caught in a bad situation. Hope ya'all find people to ride with.
I agree 100%.

P
Jan 9, 2016
Yeah I have contemplated riding by myself and only done it once on trail. Off trail its just not worth getting stuck or worse buried and having no one there.

Found people to ride with but always looking for more. I am looking mostly for people in the South East Idaho area, I am committed to this sport and want to ride allot, that are closer to me.

Ive been riding allot and much better at riding, I can hold my own now.

Premium Features