• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How happy are you with your XP?

Are you happy with your XP?

• Total voters

doomama800

Lifetime Membership
Apr 25, 2009
Wyoming
Love the xp is the best sled I've rode. I 've only owned skidoos and never had any problems with them besides normal wear and tear.

Dec 30, 2007
sd
08 154x, 1200 miles, 900 miles on current belt, handwarmers,belt issues(geared down and vents)...were fixed in first 300 miles...I am pleased but wonder what I am missing with Pol and Cat. I have been observing the chat on the xp for a while.....Seems to be either love or hate...seems like Skidoo gets no respect from other brand owners...and remember the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. I would buy another again!!

R

revtech100

Oct 13, 2008
Anchorage, AK
I haven't had any issues with either of the sleds I have other than handleing. I've upgraded mine to a timbersleds suspension. I have not been able to get it to boondock well. It just doesn't want to carve the snow well. Now i do realize it might be me. But if I can't get the handleing down where I think it should be, I'm going after another sled. I've had no issues with reliability or breakage or anything else other than handleing. The xp my son uses handles great and never had any issues. Not sure what the difference is. They are 4 serial numbers apart.

zaxxcmx925

Lifetime Membership
Feb 16, 2005
I have '08 &'09 Summit X 800 146 . The 08 broke a rod an sliced motor in half
at 230 miles than ran trouble free for awhile than the recoil quit,no problem e-start,than a month ago the crank broke off,so need new motor,new recoil,new
primary,new oil tank (been leaking since new),new boots (both torn),new oil
cable,newmotor mounts (I don't know how many)something about oil pump,the
sled has been at dealer for a month and they still finding wore out broken parts!! Now the '09 had a little primary problem (I'm not sure what) had a bad
sag on my rear skid ,recharged out of pocket 160.00,bad hood that wouldn't
fit right,dealer couldn't fix,1st ride this season in 3-4' of pow lost the crappy
fitting hood and blew my belt because of it 275.00 again out of pocket,second ride my gauge cluster went black for a few minutes an then everything worked
normal long enough for warranty to expire,odometer portion started losing digits,thumb warmer quit,handlebar warmer started acting up,poped the cluster
out the tabs were broken took to dealer they asked me if tried fixing it before
an i said no,somebody tried gluing pos together with a clear silicone,out of pocket 430.00 ,now I find that the pto carb boot is delamanating cost 142.00
Not exactly trouble FREE!!!

N
Jan 28, 2010
I have an 09 Summit X 163. Purchased it from Felker's in Loveland, CO. They did most of their tricks to it- swapped skis, clutching, gearing. There is no vent kit installed. The sled has 750 miles on it now, all this season. It has been a gas, oil, pull the rope sled, knock on wood. Still on the first belt. The only concern I had with it was a few powder bogs in the super deep and fluffy, they gave me a big donut gasket for the can/ bellypan interface and it hasn't happened again.

I'm not brand loyal at all- I think they all have their high and low points for sure. This is my first sled and I'm not disappointed. Sorry to hear that isn't the case for everybody.

S

sledin

Nov 27, 2007
san jose CA
Have owned an 04,07,08 ,2010.Blew the motor on the 04,fixed at no charge in a week,handwarmers went out on my 08.BFD.IMO,very reliable sleds.They were all ridden pretty hard.Loved the rev,love the XP even more.Thanks for the good times Ski doo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
S
Jan 6, 2002
have over 200 miles on 2010,and no problems so far..other than brusing my knees on the console! i'm happy with the new ride!:smile: only mods i'd like to do is clutch kit..and a non ported track to take it to its real potential!!:face-icon-small-hap

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
i reckon mine runs like a scalded dog.Meaner than a skilletful of rattlesnakes.Hotter than a 2 dollar pistol.tougher than a one eared alley cat.faster than greased lightning.slicker than snot on a doorknob.

I

ice man

Jan 26, 2008
oliver bc canada
xp

bought used 08 at 1000km,installed dj clutch kit,mbrp can,vent kit,polaris mtn. bar,now 1800km,same belt no issues,love this sled :face-icon-small-hap

Price

Lifetime Membership
Sep 2, 2009
Love My Ski-Doo

I have had 08, 09 and a 10 the 10 is the best by far but all very good sleds.
Thanks for listening BPR.

B

BoneStock 600

Jan 15, 2008
Wy
08 XP

Man I had a lot of issues with this thing. I have worked $$$ thru the issues other than the rear suspension and I wouldnt trade it for the world! This thing rips.

O
Feb 11, 2010
Enuff With The Issues !!! This is classified information folks, aka...

NEVER SATISFIED ADDICTION
Beware, which ever brand you choose to own this will occur

Signed,
Been There Done That

O

oldnslow

Dec 1, 2007
Neihart Montana
blackranchinc.com
09 Summit 600 etech 3200 miles no problems still on first Belt.
10 SummitX (X for 154 inch track) 600 etech 850 miles no problems.
Both work very well in deep powder but my old06 SummitX 800 151 will out climb them.
In the trees the 10 600 is way the best of the bunch.

RWB

BOULDERBOB

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2008
Boulder, Co
I'm one of the folks who just love the XP. Bought a new 08 and added a vent kit right off the start. No other real problems with the sled (yeah the handwarmers but they replaced those before they even failed for me) and I just loved it! Didn't sidehill quite as well as I would have liked so I added an inside rear wheel kit and simmons gen I ski's and now it handles like I wanted.
Oh, and as for belts, have only replaced the belt once aat about 500 miles and that was the original belt, and replaced it with the 177 that they recommended for it and it is still going strong and the sled now has over 1300 miles on it.

So....I sold it to my friend and bought a 2010....had a vent kit installed before I ever even picked it up (let's face it if you keep the clutches cool than you just don't have the problems and the venting just doesn't cost much) and the sled has been trouble free so far (though only about 230 miles on it).

The 2010 handles like a dream and not feeling like I have to make the small mod's I did to the 08 to make it handle like I wanted.

Dealer set up is as much as the key as anything and Felker rocks at that!

Oh, the group I ride with almost exclusively rides XP's and none of us have had all the "big" issues some people rant about, some blown belts early on but that seems to have been resolved so no big deal.

MARV1

Lifetime Membership
May 3, 2004
Kotlik, AK
Just bought a used '09 600 Summit Sport with a bunch of goodies, 48 miles so far. . . Ughh, gotta get used to it I guess. Need to adjust the floats up front, carry some extra fuel in the rear, add a tow hitch and ride the snot outa it. Oh, and probably find an slp can for it, the Straightline can is a bit too loud for my liking.

C

ceder

Nov 29, 2007
eastern Idaho
Great sled

I have really loved my 09 xp 163. I dont understand everyone saying they are hard to side hill with, it seems pretty easy to me. The only complaint I have had was the clutching, wouldnt pull RPM at higher elevations. Fixed now but still dont like to adjust clickers. But it is working great now. I would not think of buying anything else. My buddies ride new M8 and D8 sleds and they really like them also. I just prefer the feel of the Ski doo by far. It could use another 10 or so Horsepower to make it that much better.

Ceder

Premium Features