• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

i need some help on engine fitment

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
my sons friend blew the motor on his 07 800 rev . we found a used engine from a 06 rev 800 that looks good but it has individual cylinders in stead of a mono block can it work in the o7 chassis . thanks to anyone that can help i really wan't to get this young man back on the snow

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, make sure you get the motor mount, ECM, and the Y pipe. The main jets and needles on the 800r carbs will be a bit fatter than the HO. Also the rave valve solenoids are a bit different. If you dont have access to a BUDDS, try to get the key for that ECM. That 800HO aint no schlub, I still run mine from time to time, as a back up sled, It'll get the job done.....

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
There are folks who have pulled this off before, but it's kind of like going down a dark hole. The 800r ECM has more memory, the rave valve system uses I believe two solenoids compared to the P'tecs one, which means you'll probably have an extra connector hanging which will probably throw a code. Do a search on Dootalk in the Rev section's, I know it's been done, but it seems like your gonna have to do a lot of compromising to get where you want to be...

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
he got it in and running today, he is getting the ecm and tether from the seller tonight , i hope it works with the 07 wiring harness without any more trouble . thanks fro the help i will post later and let you know how it goes

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
it runs well with the correct ecm ,left the carb jetting alone hopefully it's not rwo rich . thanks again for the help

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
it means so much to this young guy , he desperately wants to ride more but he as lost 2 top end and finally broke the crank on the 800r motor . he just bought the thing last fall and really had a tough time with it . i know cats and polaris but not to much about doos . we did have a 08 xp for a few years so not completely unfamiliar with them.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
What did he do with the old 07 engine? I wouldnt mind having it for mock up in a tube frame chassis build. Thats to bad hes had such trouble with the 800r. When they stay together they can run extremely well.

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
i don't know what he is doing with it , they bought in the fall and it kept going through pto pistons , they never contacted me to look at it but just kept doing top ends until the crank throw broke on the pto and went through the block. he would have put a 800r motor back in it but skidoo wanted 700 bucks for the core and 2200 for the new short block so it was not economical to go that route on such a old sled,

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
he rode that sled to day and was a very happy young guy ,it ran great and really saved him thanks for all the help guys:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features