• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What to do, fix or part out

S
Mar 1, 2017
I have a 2005 summit 800 159 that just lost a crank bearing at 2800 miles. A year ago I had bent the nun but had managed to get it into working condition and it seems pretty good. The cylinders are in excelent condition and the crank is fine as far as i can tell. Should I put new bearings and pistons in it and maybe a new nun or should I just part it out? If I do that how many people on here have an interest in the parts? Everything else on it is in great shape.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I would take the DESS key and plug, the tach, and the wiring harness if you are parting it out. Please let me know

S
Mar 1, 2017
Cool, i will let you know what happens with it. I just finished grinding off the stuck bearings and am seeing how much a complete rebuild is going to cost.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Matter of fact I would take the MEPM and al the rest that I listed also, just so I know I'm not going to fight this problem any more. Thanks just let me know when you decide

Premium Features