• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 800r Hesitation and check engine light flash.

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
Hey

My nephew bought an 07 800r Adrenaline last week. The sled has 815 miles on it as well as a rebuilt motor. I took it for a test ride the other night and it has a hesitation when burping the throttle (any speed or rpm range) and the check engine light flashes/beeps at around 8,000 ish rpm. I went through the carbs, checked all the adjustments (jets, needle position, air screw 1 1/2 turns out) and gave it a good cleaning. I still have the same issues as the first test run. Other than those couple issues the sled runs really good. I was thinking about putting fresh gas in because I am sure it has fuel from last year in it.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure where to go from here?

Thanks
wreckmaster

W

Walleye65

Nov 6, 2014
Just got done chasing down same problem in my 07. I pulled caps off of power valves...lifted back of sled and ran throttle. they were working completely backwards. At idle they went full out and stayed there. Found unhooked solenoid. Got all that straightened out....valves immediately worked properly (at idle they are sucked in, at rest during mid-range, all the way open at full throttle). All my beeps and lights went away..and sled really woke up.

W
Nov 26, 2007
RENNER SD
Yep. That was almost the same problem. One of the wires was unpinned from the power valve solenoid connector. It took a bit to notice it. Probably rattled loose. It's running good now.

Thanks for the reply.

wreckmaster

Premium Features