• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Powderlites Turbo Nytro MTX install thread

P
Dec 23, 2008
montana
My stage 2 is a fricken riot to ride. I'm having trouble with the airfilter icing over.
In the process of building a snorkle for it. This is the most fun I have ever had on a sled. Bar none!!!

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Finally!

Well, I just got started on the Powderlites Stage 2 Nytro build last night, a little late in the year I know, but I couldn't wait any longer. Got quite a bit done in only three hours.

Nytro1.jpg

Nytro4.jpg

Nytro4b.jpg

Not too bad so far.

S

seano700

Dec 10, 2007
Peace River, Ab
snorkel

Here is what I did for a snorkel. But as you can see I did some cutting. My air intake is a first generation design from PL that uses a 3" elbowed rad hose from the turbo up to the air box, then has a small 3" pipe to join it to the air filter. All I did was purchase a longer piece of pipe and cut the plastic for the filter to fit. Hope the attachement works. Sean

P1010869.jpg P1010871.jpg P1010872.jpg

P
Dec 23, 2008
montana
I am doing mine somewhat like seano700's but I'm making mine so it clears the plastic then I'm putting a 90 degree elbow (which is 3'' radiator hose) then a short peice of pipe about 4" then the filter. This moves the intake away from the exaust and above the seat. Looks kind of funny but by doing this I am hoping it won't be sucking the dry fine snow we have in Montana.
Temps above 15 degrees F. I haven't had any trouble with dave's intake.

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Trying to connect the bluebike, but I can't figure out the com ports...Is there a map downloaded to the RB3 when we get it? Or do we need to load a map to get the sled running?

I've adjusted fuel pressure to 48-50 psi now. It wouldn't start right away, but I think the battery just might need more power...smells gas so it should get fuel...

No more codes now...Just the RB3 that had a bad connection where the plug gets into the RB3 box. I've heard more guys had this problem to begin with. Not a big problem, just a heads up to everyone. If you get a code in the display, try to connect the RB3 again.

Last edited:
O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Ok thanks. Can't get it to fire up....Can't figure why at this point either...

I don't have the USB, but the bluetooth should work in my mind....just hope it will load....The program locks whenever I try to load the bluetooth

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Nevermind. The laptop was the problem. Got a new one now and the rapid bike connection worked, and I uploaded the new map.

Now I just need to figure why it wont fire? Tried disconnectiong the RB3, but that was not the problem. I definatly gets fuel. The pressure regulator shows just below 50 psi. There must be something wrong somewhere with the ignition....If a spark plug fouls, does it produce a code in the display? That's the only thing I can imagine being the problem at this point....:(

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
goin good

The build is goin good so far. Pulled the engine and put the shim in and adjusted the timing, went pretty smooth. Pictures on here were helpful, thanks.

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Good to know...Just take your time, I wish I took more time when I took it apart...would have made things ALOT easier...

My next build will go twice as fast as this one...Alot of thinking and tikering the first time. I wish I was able to call over seas for every question I have. It would make things so much easier.

Anyway, I pulled the spark plugs, they were WET, but they had spark. Now I dried them off and I'm in the prosess of putting them back in. Everything is connected right, so I hope it fires now. If not, I'm lost...

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Still wont fire. No codes. All I have is some whiteish smoke coming out from Air filter. It seems like it wants to start, but it just can't.... I'm really lost at this point... Have NO clue what so ever what it can be...I've got both spark and fuel. Fresh fuel in tank...Could it be that the sled hasn't been started since September, and the fuel in the lines and injectors has water in it?

WingNutRacing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2000
Lolo, MT
Reassembly

Anyone got pics of the fuel rail on the 08, I think the 09 might have a few differences. Man, I think even the new directions could be a little better, more pics.

obr, have you tried callin Powderlites? Let us know what is up with that thing.

Intercooler rubber bushings for hangers? I think my kit is missin these, or are they salvaged from somewhere off the stock stuff?

So far we've had to do some grinding and fabin and reworkin of some of the kit pieces, no big deal, but was curious if everyone else had to do the same?

Lococoin

Lifetime Membership
Anyone got pics of the fuel rail on the 08, I think the 09 might have a few differences. Man, I think even the new directions could be a little better, more pics.

obr, have you tried callin Powderlites? Let us know what is up with that thing.

Intercooler rubber bushings for hangers? I think my kit is missin these, or are they salvaged from somewhere off the stock stuff?

So far we've had to do some grinding and fabin and reworkin of some of the kit pieces, no big deal, but was curious if everyone else had to do the same?

obr had it timed 180 degrees off so thats why it wouldnt start. I believe he has it fixed now.

The rubber bushings are from your stock muffler.

Never had to do any grinding. What parts are you needing to modify?

Premium Features