• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Tps question

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
The tps # should be 15 to 18 on the bottom # 94 to 100 full throttle, correct me if thats wrong. Mine is reading 16 to 84, i tried to adjust and the most i get on top is 85. The machine ran awsome on sunday clean and crisp but at the end of the day it just started running like it was rich, so i took it easy to the truck thinking my pl box got wet. Could some one explain to me a little more about the tps #s what happens when it fails and #s reading the way they are. Just so i understand a little more about the tps. thanx

O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
i assume that you unplugged the pl box and plugged the harness back to stock to do diagnostic on the tps?15 to 18 on the bottom and 95 to 100 at wot is correct. the fail safe when tps goes bad is to set at full throttle meaning the ecu is telling to dump fuel to the engine as if it were wot making the motor run way rich until it is actually on the bar running wfo.ive had 2 of these go down now in under 600 miles. dialectric grease the connection before install im told and it will last longer.

E

EZmoney

Nov 27, 2007
West coast
No i didnt unplug the pl box i didnt think i had to,but thanks for letting me know ill do that.Theres a slim chance mine is still good but im going to get a new one today anyway, ill need it one day for sure or one of my friends will. Im not second guessing you but why do you have to unplug the pl box if it still goes through the diog modes.

Last edited:
O

obile

Jan 17, 2003
walla walla wa
the controller changes the values that the ecu is seeing to adjust fuel delivery. my tps reads 1 to 2 on the bottom and 60 something on the top with the controller hooked up. plug it back to stock and the numbers go to 16 and 95 as the service manual specs.

Premium Features