• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What will it take before you change brands

So what will it take for you change to any brand other than doo. I am getting close . Rode skidoo since our first 69 Olympic,1 yami around 94 and summits since .current sled 18 165 , like the chassis but the clutch heat,oil/fuel consumption,clutch calibration totally sucks . Spent quite a bit of time talking to the brp rep at the spring show and was assured all was fixed for my 18 . Last sled 15 xm 174 with a872 and some other goodies ,way better on fuel ,oil ,belts ,clutching . Not sure which brand I would choose but am getting really tired of brp’s attitude towards their customers and the idea that we have to do their r&d for 2 or 3 years before they sell us a well calibrated sled .

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So what will it take for you change to any brand other than doo. I am getting close . Rode skidoo since our first 69 Olympic,1 yami around 94 and summits since .current sled 18 165 , like the chassis but the clutch heat,oil/fuel consumption,clutch calibration totally sucks . Spent quite a bit of time talking to the brp rep at the spring show and was assured all was fixed for my 18 . Last sled 15 xm 174 with a872 and some other goodies ,way better on fuel ,oil ,belts ,clutching . Not sure which brand I would choose but am getting really tired of brp’s attitude towards their customers and the idea that we have to do their r&d for 2 or 3 years before they sell us a well calibrated sled .

Coming to do as a LIFELONG Yamaha rider just a year ago, it would take a HELL OF A LOT to get me to jump brands.

I absolutely LOVE my 850s and plan on ordering another one as a Snow Check this spring!

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
My 2017 and 2018 have been FLAWLESS! Don't plan on changing brands anytime soon. It's kind of like when you've been married for a long time and some great looking woman comes by and you think, gee, that's got to be way better. You leave your wife only to find out that the grass was not greener on the other side of the fence. They ALL have issues. I have owned/ridden all of them. The G4 is the real deal. Even if they have a few issues.

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Been contemplating doing the same thing, this 850 been a little let down for me, it seams we are doing brps research with pdrive, Motor longativity, oil consumption is atrocious

Baker was talking with a Revy chopper owner last week and mentioned there is more doo in Revy than other brands, but this new 850 is making them decent money, they might send brp a dividend check..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Oh, and don't forget.
The 2019 reveal is coming up SOON....

Last year we got SHOT..

Wonder what we will get this year....:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
You could always go to a Polaris, I here they are working on a 850 ish version of their own to compete with the Skidoo 850.

Though with how Skidoo caught everyone off guard with the release of the 850 last season. Polaris literally has part of this year if one snow testing I’d think , sooo......

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Coming to do as a LIFELONG Yamaha rider just a year ago, it would take a HELL OF A LOT to get me to jump brands.

I absolutely LOVE my 850s and plan on ordering another one as a Snow Check this spring!

No offence bud, but you are treated differently than the average Joe Doo rider. And you came from the biggest POS on the snow, so anything would have been an upgrade. Seriously, Doo has been f-ing us the last couple of years, the only reason I am so happy with my 2018 sleds is because they stuck it in so deep last year, it feels good to have it not jammed in so far. Longtime Doo-er. (14 Etecs since 2013.)

Clutched Films

Lifetime Membership
2018 Cat

Wish I wold have gotten the chance to ride that new cat before I bought my 850. That new cat runs right with the 850 kinda sad day for me a diehard skidoo guy. And the new cat chassis is unreal completely different then the older pos cat chassis. I can't wait to spend a full day on one. I love the competition nothin but good for the customer. And you can't listen to brand ambassadors or factory reps they are literally paid to tell you how awesome their brand is so you buy the snowmobile. Biggest 2019 release Ski-Doo could make is fix the clutching or chassis issues causing hot temps & blown belts. 2018 was better but a fix in 2019 is needed to keep up with cat. This is the first year in a long long time I would put Cat & SkiDoo on top with Polaris in 3rd.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The new Cat is good, glad to see them back in the game. Chassis and engine. I rode demo Cat last spring, was amazed how strong the engine was, and how I could ride the chassis.
I watched an "ambassador" contemplate a competitor's product today. No shame.
The number one review that you can get is from someone that pays full retail for a product or that can prove the product in action, and give a positive review. Anyone else is paid for the review.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
Love my 850 .

3 belts in 1500 miles one blown both others were about to when I changed them. Clutching is not well thought out.
Engine moves to much and secondary needs to float to maintain alignment properly at this power level. Have been running Yami's with almost 2 times that power with no belt issues at all.The wobble primary is a Joke period I would have no issue with a 5 pound heavier engine that is internally balanced instead. I run the ZRP rear link and spindles both work fantastic and there clutch weights as well.
I Knew there was going to be some teething issues on a first Year model, but that said I love my 850 most fun sled I have ever had. Still crying a bit after the bullet proofed reliability and Quality brought to the table by all My Yamha's .
But even with insane boost and power they were never as much fun all around as the 850.

Premium Features