• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rev Gen 4 2018.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
What I'd like to see

Stronger s and e mods
No more torsion springs
The gen 4 really doesn't need tmotion or the flex track. Make a tmotion lockout option.
Figure out why some people are blowing belts like tissue paper.
Belt drive

I doubt they'll do any of these but one can dream I guess

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
how about, a pipe senor that don't fall out.
grip warmers that you need to turn down when on long enough
Clutches that work the same all across the board, no belt blowers.
New casting material for the bulkhead.
Different coolant bottle location.

B
Feb 18, 2009
I'm sure there will be no new features/options and we all just need to hope they fix/address the current issues.

#1 issue: Improve the bulkhead (e and s mods)
#2 issue: Belt blowing inconsistencies

Other issues:
Improvements to the running boards - slick spot up front.
Warmer hand warmers
Improved clutch calibrations
Address Coolant bottle issue
Better air flow

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
This spring will be the first time I'll have ever spring checked, (have always bought one yr. old models) I'm confident they'll have the above issues resolved. A few things, however, I'd like to see changed:
A separate thumb warmer switch.. pretty chinsy setup
A clutch cover that fits and functions without needing a hole saw and jigsaw to make it work properly. What a POS
And finally, dont offer the X in some goofy *** Crayola color scheme, IE: mauve or manta green/Orange or even worse smurf blue :face-icon-small-sho

Last edited:
K
Nov 15, 2013
Sexsmith
I would like to see the Hi beam switch back on the left handlebar again. I dont like blinding people while fumbling for the switch on the console. Plus you have to take your hand off the handle bars which I think it is easier for people to lose control.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
As far as controls go skidoo FINALLY got them right. Minimalistic and out of the way. Some of us don't feel the need to change the heat control every 30 seconds or turn the high beams on every time we pass a sled.

B
Feb 18, 2009
Anyone wishing/hoping for any design changes (no torsion springs, windshield, separate controls for thumb warmer) needs a reality check, there are never these kinds of changes in the second year. All we can hope for is fixing issues and extending the chassis/engine into other models (174, Freeride, etc).

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Refinements is what I anticipate... but no changes in design.

Good bracing and bumpers that tie it all together...tunnel/drivetrain bracing.... all in the aftermarket.
This chassis does not seem any less durable than the past...and is the lightest to date... it will be up to the customers to add weight to the sled with more bracing etc...

Clutching will need to be addressed... and from what I hear, both BRP and the aftermarket are hard at work for this.
This is a reasonable expectation by all IMO.

Last edited:

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Anyone wishing/hoping for any design changes (no torsion springs, windshield, separate controls for thumb warmer) needs a reality check, there are never these kinds of changes in the second year. All we can hope for is fixing issues and extending the chassis/engine into other models (174, Freeride, etc).

agreed... it is what it is

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
1. Better snow evacuation at front of boards
2. Raise fuel cap area to keep ice and snow buildup out of fuel tank, fuel Cap was frozen solid every fuel up so far
3. Redesign high beam and grip heater controls, mine have been frozen solid all winter
4. Redesign goggle box area to keep snow build up down, snow falls into it keeping goggles fogged up
5. Needs more power to dust the axys, very disapointing to get dusted by an axys
6. Somebody design a hard plastic trunk to fix the ugly non e-start batteryless area
7. Lower the seat slightly

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
What I'd like to see

Stronger s and e mods
No more torsion springs
The gen 4 really doesn't need tmotion or the flex track. Make a tmotion lockout option.
Figure out why some people are blowing belts like tissue paper.
Belt drive

I doubt they'll do any of these but one can dream I guess

An 850 owner told me that his dealer says to do something with all the side panel foam... And wash the belt.

He did both and NO problems.
They all thought the panel foam is flaking off or something and pilfering the belt.

gilestyle1

Lifetime Membership
Aug 24, 2013
heber, utah
Never say never. When was the last time skidoo came out with a new chassis, engine, clutch, track, plus anything else im missing in the same year? I think they will come out with something this year

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I think Doo can make some of the easier changes for next year: Improved traction at the front of the running boards, switches that don't ice up, improved clutching to cool temps down, find a way to get engine heat into the glove box, strengthen the bulkhead in critical areas.

Things I would like to see: a narrow tube style running board snowcheck option that also pulls the the plastic just ahead of the running boards, coil over rear suspension, lastly I would love it if the bars were a few more degrees vertical.

Overall impressive sled.

Premium Features