• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rumors about New Gen 4 850 delivery for customers is delayed to january 2017??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
FWIW; just got an Email with these changes as well

Ski-Doo Update: Changes to MY2017 Sleds

Posted by Ross Halvorson
on Friday, July 22, 2016

Ski-Doo has announced a number of changes to their 2017 snowmobile lineup. Many of the changes impact the new Gen4 REV sleds equipped with all new 850 E-TEC engine. Here's an outline of the changes announced today:

Models equipped with the Rotax 850 E-TEC engine will have oil economy in line with the same levels as the 800R E-TEC engine.

MXZ and Renegade models equipped with the 850 Rotax engine will have pDrive clutches equipped with clickers for RPM adjustment.

All Summit REV-XM and REV Gen4 based models will now be equipped with one set of front idler wheels in addition to the rail mounted ice scratchers.

Summit REV Gen4 models will use a one-piece bottom gear rather than the proposed bi-metal gear.

Updates have also been made regarding suspension travel and dimensions to several models:

Front suspension travel on REV Gen4 models

MXZ TNT/Renegade Adrenaline = 8.7” (220 mm)
MXZ X/Renegade X = 9.2” (233 mm)
Summit SP and X = 8.5” (215mm)

Front Suspension travel on REV-XS/XM models

MXZ TNT/Renegade Adrenaline = 8.7” (220 mm)
MXZ X/Renegade X = 8.2” (208 mm)
Summit SP and X = 7.7” (195mm)
REV Gen4 MXZ and Renegade models ski stance – 42.4” (1077 mm)
Renegade X-RS weight updated to include Electric Start = 503 lbs./228kg
Renegade Backcountry X overall height = 44.5”/1130 mm

Just passing information along; you could not pay me enough to ride a Doo

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
It happens again... We all are excited to see the miracle with new sled platform:eyebrows: pls Doo don't spoil our dreams:face-icon-small-hap

Hope Springs Eternal!![/QUOTE]

IMO... I think you are going to be super happy with this sled... lots of tech and hard to beat the grunt of a nice running 80mm stroke engine when it hooks up!

I'm really looking forward to seeing a lot of my SnoWest brothers and sisters with "ear to ears" on their faces this winter...money well spent is my prediction. ... But hey, I'm a durty poo rider.

VittMaxx

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2014
Just passing information along; you could not pay me enough to ride a Doo[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your info... I think Doo MUST pay you even more....to ride
two doos:face-icon-small-win

VittMaxx

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2014
But we already have an official answer directly from BRP[/QUOTE]

Yeah, lets shine with optimism....and hope we receive all the answers:face-icon-small-win

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
BRP just acknowledged that as long as they achieve their fleet EPA target, there is no advantage to use LESS oil. (News flash - 2 strokes last longer with more oil, last longer = lower warranty costs. And if they are selling the oil, why wouldn't they want to use more? Mr. Obvious strikes again.)

One exception for using even less oil than emission mandated - marketing a new motor design. Was this the original plan, lie till they buy? Dunno. Why not? But setting expectations before delivery will help keep the internet noise lower. Design appears to be brilliant, execution is unknown, but doo does eventually gets it right with the rotax. This certainly won't HURT reliability. Assuming the electronic oil delivery will be locked up pretty tight without hacking the CPU, this is only good OOTB.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
BRP just acknowledged that as long as they achieve their fleet EPA target, there is no advantage to use LESS oil. (News flash - 2 strokes last longer with more oil, last longer = lower warranty costs. And if they are selling the oil, why wouldn't they want to use more? Mr. Obvious strikes again.)

One exception for using even less oil than emission mandated - marketing a new motor design. Was this the original plan, lie till they buy? Dunno. Why not? But setting expectations before delivery will help keep the internet noise lower. Design appears to be brilliant, execution is unknown, but doo does eventually gets it right with the rotax. This certainly won't HURT reliability. Assuming the electronic oil delivery will be locked up pretty tight without hacking the CPU, this is only good OOTB.

Its quite obvious that they would be in a much better position from a business perspective to have engines that burn more of their over priced oil and last longer because of it.

I guess they had to come up with something to soften the blow that this 850 will come with "only" 165 horsepower.. The same amount we were lead to believe was in the 800R etec.

Anyways.. I bet its still a great sled minus the few things they will change before the snow flies. I just don't like the mind games they play.

VittMaxx

Premium Member
Apr 14, 2014
Not sure what the point of your sarcasm is, I have no NO PROBLEMS at all with getting answers directly from BRP.[/QUOTE]

Pls, don't get me wrong..Did not want to hurt Brp... Just wish to
say that IMO we will get the real answers from the final users...not
official representatives:face-icon-small-hap

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not sure what the point of your sarcasm is, I have no NO PROBLEMS at all with getting answers directly from BRP.

Pls, don't get me wrong..Did not want to hurt Brp... Just wish to

say that IMO we will get the real answers from the final users...not

official representatives:face-icon-small-hap[/QUOTE]

In the end, absolutely

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
Has there been any communication from BRP on why they backed off on the “going 40% farther on the same liter of oil” statement made in the video someone posted in another thread, and how that might relate to engine longevity and perhaps the delayed delivery of the new sleds?

Last edited:
Premium Features