• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

XM X vs XM SP

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
I know I know, the X vs non X thread, again
but, hear me out
I didnt spring order, and have a chance to snaggle up a cancelled order maybe

as far as I can see, the only REAL difference would be the bars and brake line? (steel braided vs not?)
3rd year engine coverage on the X's as well??? (Im in Canada)

I mean obvious color scheme aside, is there something I am missing?
I LOVE the orange/black of the SP's, but think I may really love the bars on the X and regret not getting it for that reason
I almost always have put pro tapers on my sleds, and like that Doo now has a tapered bar like that

money really isnt an issue between the two

any help is appreciated

M

madmini660

Nov 6, 2008
lewistown mt
if money wasn't a problem go with the X model i always did and have never gone and said later man i wish i wouldn't have got an X model for the SP jmo don't see you going wrong with an X model in the past i always did it just for the gauges

Last edited:

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Painted tunnel on the X for sure. SP last year was bare aluminum? BTW, I have an all black 163 X w/e start on snow check that I won't be picking up in Seattle. Just looking to get my $500 deposit back and not stick my dealer with a sled he may or may not want.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Thx for the offer Matte
Im in Canada tho
I was able to snag a cancelled spring order black/black 146 from my local dealer

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
Only difference is the handlebars and rebuildable shocks on the X. The shocks on the X aren't "better" performance - just rebuildable if you bend one and slightly lighter. This info on the shocks came from the Doo rep. Both the X and the SP have the same warranty and the same guages. I thought the bars on the SP were more comfortable than on the ones on the X and if I'm paying extra for shocks I want a better performing shock so I ordered the SP with the 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Only difference is the handlebars and rebuildable shocks on the X. The shocks on the X aren't "better" performance - just rebuildable if you bend one and slightly lighter. This info on the shocks came from the Doo rep. Both the X and the SP have the same warranty and the same guages. I thought the bars on the SP were more comfortable than on the ones on the X and if I'm paying extra for shocks I want a better performing shock so I ordered the SP with the 3 year warranty.

Well I ended up putting a deposit on a cancelled X
but as i look at the SP more and more, I really like it
orange and black are my fav colors, and the all black tunnel, and skid w orange rails etc. just looks awesome

I am not sure when I am suppose to take delivery, but and am having second thoughts
I wont be able to see either sled in person until the beginning of Nov at our sled show

id really like to even SIT on each one and get a feel for it, BEFORE I make my final choice
hope my dealer isnt too pissed

I know esthectics can be changed, but I really wouldnt have to change anything on the SP

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm ..........................

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
BARS AND REBUILDABLE SHOCKS ARE THE ONLY DIFFERENCE AS STATED EARLIER BY NODOUP4U. I ALSO ORDERED THE SP BECAUSE EVEN THE REBUILDABLE SHOCKS SUCK SKIDOO REP EVEN SAID YOU NEED TO REBUILD THEM EVERY YEAR AND THEY STILL DON'T COME CLOSE to FOX EVEN WITH CUSTOM VALVING. So I ordered sp and am selling the shocks brand new and buying fox. Also the bars are only like $100 even if you buy them from skidoo. So if you don't like the sp bars easy cheap fix compared to trying to fix the color if you like the Orange that much.

S

SilverGriz

Oct 22, 2004
Hayden, ID
I ordered the SP because I preferred the black and orange color combo. Also, the difference on the bars and shocks is not worth the extra IMO. If you want better shocks, go aftermarket. The X shocks are nothing to write home about.

tylersnowest

Lifetime Membership
Jun 8, 2011
Weyburn, Saskatchewan, Canada
I totally agree. Skidoo shocks suck compared to fox or even walker. i came off an 12 m8 and going to xm sp 154 and first thing gettin put on is fox floats. i wont even sell the stock shocks off the xm , ill throw them in the garbage. as far as the bars i like pro tapers too. i usually run the stock ones until they bend though and have a set of tapers in the trailer.lol

E

Ed Fast

Jan 22, 2004
Gillette WYO
Sled

Hey man,
Just a heads up by the looks of your sig you checked a freeride?? I am sure you know but just in case that sled is still in a XP chassis not an XM. It will have heavy duty rails and really nice shocks but the same chassis as a 12. Not sure if it has t motion. I know it has a wide front end.

D

dropitbuster

Nov 28, 2007
Terrace B.C.
Hey man,
Just a heads up by the looks of your sig you checked a freeride?? I am sure you know but just in case that sled is still in a XP chassis not an XM. It will have heavy duty rails and really nice shocks but the same chassis as a 12. Not sure if it has t motion. I know it has a wide front end.

I think enis750 changed his mind a dozen times before he settled on a Freeride. I think he ditchbangs in long name hard to spell and rides out west. The Freeride is pretty much the same as the 2012. No T-motion and no flex track and a wide stance.

E

enis750

Nov 28, 2007
Area code 306
Hey man,

I think enis750 changed his mind a dozen times before he settled on a Freeride. I think he ditchbangs in long name hard to spell and rides out west. The Freeride is pretty much the same as the 2012. No T-motion and no flex track and a wide stance.

U got er gents
Settled on a Freeride ... Figured shed be mint for ditch jumping at home and get me where I need to go when out west

Premium Features