• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Plug fouling

I have an 09 RMK 800 with 400 miles on it, went out yesterday and it started fouling plugs on the mag side. Plug is a burnt black color with chunks of crap all over it. The motor has good compression, Any ideas what the problem is????

C

ccoleman77

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 27, 2008
Casper WY
I have the same sled and had the exact problem. I am still saying WTF on this one. Went through two sets of plugs last weekend.

No, i havent got the update yet. I ride with 3 other sled just like mine (no update) with around 2000 miles on them and they havent had a lick of trouble.

I have been trying to get it into the dealer for the last 3 months for the update but lets just say customer service isnt really all that important and this certain dealer.

I was thinkin maybe I just got into some bad fuel, but it seems odd how it is just fouling the one side.

G

gcmci

Nov 21, 2007
Springfield,Oregon
www.gregcoenmc.com
Sounds like your needing the update
Pull the exhaust valves and look at the pistons
Update kits are on back order until first part of January until they change it to a later date on us dealers.

Premium Features