• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

800 Recall

A
Dec 11, 2007
Does anyone know if they are changing the fuel filter part # or is it the same filter with a new service interval?

Wow, I haven't been able to put 1,000 miles on since 08 because this has run like $hit since it hit 100 miles:mad: The fixes have only masked the issue for a little while. So if this doesn't work I might not need a filter for the next 2 years or so!!!

:beer; for them to keep trying and bringing Orbital in to fix it. Does anyone know the story on the 2 inj. change. True or not???

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
ya Orbital will be huge as they change the motor over to DFI or what ever they have planned , they also hired the efi guru from Black Majic when they went away so they are trying, hope they have the best of luck

S
Mar 31, 2009
My dealer left me a message today that he got news from Polaris of the recall and has my parts on order. He said he will call me when they are in. I would think if Polaris has the parts in stock that my sled should be taken care of within the next week and a half.

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
ya Orbital will be huge as they change the motor over to DFI or what ever they have planned , they also hired the efi guru from Black Majic when they went away so they are trying, hope they have the best of luck

sure hope it all works out

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
hmm, just did some comparing...the polaris low altitude muffler is dealer priced at 125.00 and shows same price for retail....I looked up a 2010 800 rmk muffler and it is the same part number as the 09 700 and 800 ..slightly different then the 08 mufflers (looks like different mnts not pipes)..then I noticed this in the bulletin........Customers who primarily operate
their 800 RMK snowmobiles at low elevations
HTML:
may
HTML:
wish to purchase the optional service silencer. Please discuss the
primary riding location and current silencer configuration with your customer when they call to schedule their service
appointment. The part number for the RMK Service silencer is 1262142-RMK, and can be ordered at a discount

I just reveiwed the service bulletin for the short track trail sleds...this is what it says about running the service muffler :NOTE: If the snowmobile is equipped with the PURE Polaris or SLP silencer, you do not need to replace it with the new
800 Service Silencer, PN 1262142-489
hmm..i guess my sled will keep its slp setup at low altitude.........

Last edited:

sledhed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2001
Lolo, Montana
Hopefully the SLP pipe/can combo will not void the warranty at ANY altitude. Someone chime in if you've heard the official word.

polaris will void the warranty for the pipe...always have and will continue to do so...the slp can is ok at elevation(looks like over 3000 ft. if I read it right)

Wow. I have an 08 with the SLP single, and was told by my dealer back in 08 that the single would not void the warranty since no ecu reflash was required (high elevation). I had no idea that I have been running with no warranty.

X2! I thought you could actually get the pipe from Polaris?? I think we will be ok though, I had mine redone last season and I had the pipe and can on at that time. Nobody said squat! They didn't cover the V-3's though. I had to pay for those myself after the cylinder skirt took them out! Whatever, I just want my sled back to reliable so I don't have anymore days on the heavy 9. No offense to any who still have one, the D8 is just waaaaaay easier to ride!

AKSNOW,
I find the pipe/warranty comment interesting. Polaris sells the pipe as a factory installed option on the "build your sled" program on-line and I know that mine was installed right at 0 miles by the dealer when it was purchased new. I know in the past a simple aftermarket pipe install would void but I figured with this marriage between SLP and Polaris that this would be an exception. Comments?

most of the good dealers have been standing behind them....polaris wont unless it is slp's can only...my slp single has been sitting on the shelf collecting dust for quite a while now...as long as a part doesnt cause problems or directly cause a blowup it should be ok to run without voiding warranty is what I think.........mine will stay stock until I can determine that the pipe wont cause a problem .........

The word I heard from Kurts Polaris in Seeley Lake last winter was that since SLP and Polaris worked together on the single pipe and can combo, and they sell them for the same price plus with a Polaris sticker and part number on it, they are warranteed same as stock. In the past if you had a good dealer the sled mods were not an issue... no matter whose aftermarket pipes or parts were on it, as long as it was set up right, especially if it was set up by that dealer. Maybe that is not so true nowdays with the CFI stuff. But if you had a carb sled and you leaned it out and burned it down, no warranty obviously.

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
polaris only sells the can..not the pipe...the can is ok under warranty as is VF-3 reeds(since polaris sells them as an accesory) but other cans, other reeds, and the pipe can/will void the warranty...

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
800 update kit/recall

Good information and much appreciated.

Has anybody else heard from their dealer notifying them of the update kit/recall?

QUOTE=AKSNOWRIDER;1694334]polaris only sells the can..not the pipe...the can is ok under warranty as is VF-3 reeds(since polaris sells them as an accesory) but other cans, other reeds, and the pipe can/will void the warranty...[/QUOTE]

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
word is kits will start shipping on the 14th.....all dealers should be getting some kits on first shipment..

A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
800 update kit/recall

That's the answer I needed.. My sled is going in for the update. Only issue I have is after running HPS cans for several years the SLP cans sound like a stock sled. What does the can cost with the discount? No issues on the performance of SLP products, their new stuff is Era 2007 Silencing Technology.

Last edited:

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Rumor 800

The rumor I got from a Polaris dealer was they only had problems with 800s at lower elevations. No problems with the 700s. The 700s have two piston rings.
The 800s have only one piston ring. So I was told.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Yep, that's why I made a trip to the auto parts store. @ $25 later I have a filter that has about 4 times the filter area and much much cheaper to replace down the road. Purolator #F64728

installedfilter.jpg

Last edited:
M

Mikew5j

Aug 3, 2008
Namao, Alberta
oddly they are replacing the can on the short tracks since they are built for low altitude...I am sending slp a email right now to see if the slp can and pipe will still work at low elevation...my guess is it will with the resistor reinstalled to richen it back up....

I got a response from SLP about their pipe kit and silencer;

"We are not changing the pipe or silencer on the Polaris 800 as our pipe kit as well as our silencer to fit the stock pipe is already a high flow unit. The changes Polaris are making to the stock silencer for 0-3000 foot are directed at allowing more flow, so our setup is already supportive of that. We have tested it on the updated Polaris parts for 2010 and know that it works well. Polaris is selling our silencer in there catalog for the 2008-210 models.

Thanks,

Dustin Pancheri
Sales/Tech/Race sponsorship
743 Iona Rd
Idaho Falls, Id 83401
(208)529-0244"

Last edited:
A

akrevrider

Jan 15, 2008
Wasilla, Alaska
Good update on SLP pipe & can

Good info

[QUOTE=Mikew5j;1697881]I got a response from SLP about there pipe kit a silencer;

"We are not changing the pipe or silencer on the Polaris 800 as our pipe kit as well as our silencer to fit the stock pipe is already a high flow unit. The changes Polaris are making to the stock silencer for 0-3000 foot are directed at allowing more flow, so our setup is already supportive of that. We have tested it on the updated Polaris parts for 2010 and know that it works well. Polaris is selling our silencer in there catalog for the 2008-210 models.

Thanks,

Dustin Pancheri
Sales/Tech/Race sponsorship
743 Iona Rd
Idaho Falls, Id 83401
(208)529-0244"[/QUOTE]

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Is Polaris going to cover 2nd owners etc..??

Looking for a 800 155" and don't wanna get stiffed I send it in for the recall.

Premium Features