• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shocks for the XM

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Does anyone know for sure what the shock lengths are going to be on the XM? I have Fox shocks on my XP and Freeride and wonder if either will work on the XM?

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com
Does anyone know for sure what the shock lengths are going to be on the XM? I have Fox shocks on my XP and Freeride and wonder if either will work on the XM?

Matte,
Shock lengths are the same as 2012 lengths.
16.5 front ski
14.2 front track
17. rear track

We will be offering Fox Zero Pro replacement rear skid shocks for the 2013 XM's, as well as adding piggyback style w/ compression adjust for either or both shocks.
We do not have enough time or testing to know if we will offer any add on air style shocks like in our EA kits for the 2013 sleds.

Tom's Snowmobile

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I have a set of Evol X ski shocks you sold me for my Freeride that I love. Can those be set up to work on the XM?

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
does anyone know if you can have the stock shock revavled and have dual rate springs added to the stock shocks?
i have this setup from another company for my walker evans shocks and it was the best money i have spent in a long time on a sled...
i checked a xm sp and im pretty sure it comes with coil over front shocks..

S

SUMMITREV

Oct 24, 2008
Baker, OR
Sp shocks are not rebuildable/revalvable only the x model is. I bought the sp so that I could buy fox shocks with the saved money as even the skidoo x shocks are not that great.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Tom you aren't even going to "try" to get the air shocks working for the XM? Shouldn't the ski shocks be really similar? You are half way home already...

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Tom you aren't even going to "try" to get the air shocks working for the XM? Shouldn't the ski shocks be really similar? You are half way home already...

He will have all the same shocks for the front since they are the same as the 11's and 12's. I think what he was saying was they didn't have enough or any testing time on the T-Motion to get a rear kit similar to a EA kit. I sure hope with time they get one because that is the best thing i have gotten on my 2011! And my next sled will need one too :)

toms

Lifetime Membership
Feb 9, 2010
CA
www.tomssnowmobile.com

Matte,
Yes.
With the changes we have been pushing Fox to make for 2013, the front ski shocks should be the best they have ever been. Fox is not saying Float 3, but there are some really good changes happening internally.

For the front track shock, we already have a replacement air shock that mounts in there nicely.

We need more test time for the rear track. Are you looking to upgrade your 2013?

We also found that some customers were not interested in running a Float on the front track shock, with a Zero Pro in the rear.
So we will be offering a replacement Zero Pro kit for the 2013 XM, to rider's that end up with sleds that either have non rebuidable shocks, or want nice rebuildable shocks with a budget minded price.

Tom's Snowmobile

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Matte,
Yes.
With the changes we have been pushing Fox to make for 2013, the front ski shocks should be the best they have ever been. Fox is not saying Float 3, but there are some really good changes happening internally.

For the front track shock, we already have a replacement air shock that mounts in there nicely.

We need more test time for the rear track. Are you looking to upgrade your 2013?

We also found that some customers were not interested in running a Float on the front track shock, with a Zero Pro in the rear.
So we will be offering a replacement Zero Pro kit for the 2013 XM, to rider's that end up with sleds that either have non rebuidable shocks, or want nice rebuildable shocks with a budget minded price.

Tom's Snowmobile

Well Tom I know I am for sure wanting to get my E.A. set in my 2013, couple that with the "T" motion and that thing would be sweeeeeet. Can't wait to get all my shocks sent down to ya for updates and calibration changes for the new sled, and a new rear sissor arm to copy the "T" motion only for the Fox Evol R.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Tom I'm going to need 2 XMs set up with Fox shocks. I bought EVOL R ski shocks for a 2012 XP and an Evolution Air set up for the rear, 154" track. Can I swap that stuff over directly or do you suggest a revalve? Can we upgrade those shocks to the "3" internals? Also, I have EVOL X ski shocks on my Freeride and the Evolution Air rear setup on that sled too. Can those be modded and used on the other XM a 163"?. Last I have a 2012 Pro 163 coming that I want to set up with Fox shocks all the way around. Are you working on anything for the Arctic Cat 1100T?

snosumitcsr

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Trout Lake Washington
i believe raptor shocks has skidoo shock kits, don't know anything about them 1st hand, just info on snowest. they have 1 spring that is tripple rate, not 3 springs with spacers. they look cool, check them out at: raptorshocks.com

Rod

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i have the raptor rear track shock, and the zbros front ski shocks on my m8t and i love the zbros, the raptor has felt soft, but i just gave it some more preload but have yet to ride it since i did this, it was way to soft for me!
indeed the raptors are nice looking shocks!

Premium Features