• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Assault

B
Jan 22, 2009
hey guys, My brother is looking into a new assault. How is the new suspension? I heard that there was a mid range bog has anyone else had this problem? It will being rode keweenaw and Ontario/minnesota so under 3000ft. how does the updated engine pull at these elevations?
any problems?

Sorry for all the questions
Thanks

have an 09 with the 2010 update. rode it a little bit since its had the update done seems to run just as strong as it did before the update. Have never had a bog and i ride under 3000 ft also. You'll love the power it has at the lower elevations, hard to keep the skies on the ground

M
Feb 11, 2008
SE Minnesota
My 2010 pulls like crazy... I have a slight bog but nothing real major. I have an Ultra Q silencer on it right now and I'm thinking that might have something to do with it. Might try the full slp set up. Definintely agree with eidem024... hard to keep the skis on the ground!

Rear suspension is great- had a a big sag in the rear shcok when i first picked it up but the dealer swapped it with a good one... I ride in MN and I'm having a blast with it so far.

A
Nov 28, 2007
I am really happy with my 2010 Assault. The suspension is great for pounding and the motor is very strong with no bog. I have run it from 2500ft to 6500ft with no issues at all.

i have a 09 assault and its awsum. i got the 2010 update for it and havent got to ride it yet becaus eim waiting my broken wrists to heal more. but it hooks up on hardpack way good. i live n the rockies so i got the 2.5 tracks for the deeper snow and it still is awsum. ull b sad about the performnce at the start as its getting broke in but after that its a charm. and the bog issuse just check ur fuel wires and if u r useing nonethonal gas plug them together and ehtonal gas keep unplugged. but the suspension is way nice also and its just a fun sled

C

C S Fever

Aug 30, 2009
Saskatoon,SK.
I have a 10 assault and I have done a couple of heat cycles on it but that is about it, the snow absolutely sucks around here right now so I have not had much of a chance to ride it yet. Sure hope we get some soon otherwise I have a $12000 dollar lawn ornament! But it sure seemed to pull once it was set up for about 2000 ft.

I
Oct 1, 2009
wasilla
I just picked mine up last week. It seems to run a little rich at first but i attribute that to the break in period with oil in the first tank of gas. Other than that this thing RIPS in deep snow. The snow here in AK hasnt been the greatest this year so far but 3 different days of 2 feet or more of the fresh fluffy stuff i really can't complain!

S
Nov 28, 2007
Utah
The suspension was change from the 09 to 10. Instead of the walker airs with piggy backs in the front you now have walker coils with piggy backs. The new coil-overs are supposedly leaps and bounds ahead of the walker airs.

Premium Features