• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M-10 Axle ?'s Live vs. Fixed

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Hi,
I have a live axle M10 on the bench ready to go into my Apex - what are the pros and cons to a live axle skid? Should look at changing it out to a fixed axle and will the arms work? Any insight would be greatly appreciated - I put it in the turbo section figuring alot of turbo sleds run the M10!!

Thanks

P

pylon

Jan 16, 2009
in the triple slide
i think the new live axle is the way to go . they have adressed alot of the issues the were common on the old live axles ( pre 2008 i think ) . they beefed up the rear section, spaced out the mounting points and are now availble up to 174 . the only down fall is 8 inch rear wheels will screw up the track tension system .that being said i run a solid axle air ride M10 and it works great now, after a season of trying to figure out how to set it up

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
i think the new live axle is the way to go . they have adressed alot of the issues the were common on the old live axles ( pre 2008 i think ) . they beefed up the rear section, spaced out the mounting points and are now availble up to 174 . the only down fall is 8 inch rear wheels will screw up the track tension system .that being said i run a solid axle air ride M10 and it works great now, after a season of trying to figure out how to set it up

I was told that the live axles was not availible not on the 174 .

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
I've had both, there is no comparison between the old live axle and the new. The new skid is built waaaaay stronger. The rails dont taper down for the live axle shoes, and the rails are raised in the center for the rubber stops to prevent over camming. Trever at Macs also has an update for the pre 2008 skids, he cuts the rails off and bolts in new beefier live axle slides. The ride quality is awesome with the Air shocks and wider c to c. I would run it again for sure.

I saw two 174 Fast M10 skids last year and they were both solid rear axles. Do you have the new skid snowpromod? If you have the old skid I would probably update your rails to the new ones from fast, change to CR rails, or cut and update the old ones. Proper installation is a must.

:beer;:beer;, AA

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
I have a brand new 144 M10 W2 Air with the live axle on the bench ready to go in - I just want to make sure I was going down the right path!! Yes it is short, I am a flatlander :mad:

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Install and enjoy :beer;
Your going to lose all of the wheely competitions tho. :rolleyes:

snowpromod

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Northeast Ohio
Damn I was looking forward to carrying the skis! I never rode the sled before tearing it apart, so have no idea on what to expect!!

Premium Features