• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

aftermarket handlebars and riser for sp xm??

Nov 14, 2009
What kinds of aftermarket handlebars and risers are you using to replace the ones on the sp xm? I broke mine last year and looking for a different replacement to the stock ones. Thanks. Anyone else have the issue of them breaking at the hole where the mountain strap is bolted thru?

Goinboardin

Premium Member
Nov 15, 2009
Laramie, WY
I bent my 13' SP bars on the first real ride. Swapped in a 2" powermadd riser with my 5" (or 4"?) rise RSI aluminum bars from my old Polaris Edge. This dropped the bars a little compared to stock, and works better for me (6'4"). Sounds like the X model/Freeride bars are popular & liked too.

L

logan1080

Feb 12, 2013
Skidoo adjustable riser on mine. 400 miles on it. So far, so good.

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
The stockers do like to break, and it is usually at the mountain strap hole. Depending on how high you want to be, RSI and Fly 1 1/8 bars and adapters are cheap.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
I'm working a bar set up currently for my XM. I went w/ cheetah boondocker 2.0 bar, RSI 5" riser, RSI billet kill and RER switches, RSI headlight hi/low relocate switch and ODI grips. Also running a Munster Finger throttle.

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
X2 for RSI risers and products... While you're at it grab a set of their 8" tacky grips too!!

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
What kinds of aftermarket handlebars and risers are you using to replace the ones on the sp xm? I broke mine last year and looking for a different replacement to the stock ones. Thanks. Anyone else have the issue of them breaking at the hole where the mountain strap is bolted thru?

you must have a 2013 model. this is the first and only year of the xm they drilled a hole through the bar to mount the grab handle. in 14+ years the grab handle is clamped around the bars and there is no hole drilled. so if you were satisfied with the OEM setup other than the strength, you can pick up a set of bars off of a 14+ machine. i have seen them go for cheep on here. nothing wrong with aftermarket either, except the $$$

Z

Zbroz Racing

Dec 19, 2007
Utah
www.zbrozracing.com
CFR Boondocker 2.0s

CFR Boondocker 2.0 and there are a bunch of Riser options out there, We stock CFR bars and have loved them. Strong and very classy looking. Great bend, sweep and rise combo. My personal favorite.

Black shown here but white, Pink, and green also available.

http://zbrozracing.com/boondocker-2-0-flat-black-cheetah-factory-racing

CFR black.jpg

Premium Features