• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

such thing as a truly waterproof glove?

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
My hands only get wet when I'm digging... I keep a pair of Goretex over-glove shells from OR (outdoor research) on hand...a bit oversized so I dont need to take off my riding gloves when I'm digging.... works like a champ.

M

mplynchmob

Nov 1, 2011
MN headed WY
Get a pair of ice fishing gloves. Good grip, waterproof. Only problem is your hands will sweat in them, but they still stay warm.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I have PowerXross gloves that I wore for 2 or 3 years. They now stay in my pack as backup.

Because the Motorfist WFO glove is my first choice. That's what I leave the truck with. I've never swapped them out yet in 2 full seasons. Wear them for a FULL day every time.
They are my my favorite of all time.
Going to put a spare pair in my pack this season.

beamslayer

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Try the true adventure storm glove not truly water proof but they stay warm even when wet and are not bulky. Tried Klim's but the liners pull out . Tried MF but they do not make a pair big enough 2xx are to hard to get on once your hand get damp .

P

prairiepowderhead

Sep 1, 2008
Prairie
Try the true adventure storm glove not truly water proof but they stay warm even when wet and are not bulky. Tried Klim's but the liners pull out . Tried MF but they do not make a pair big enough 2xx are to hard to get on once your hand get damp .

X2 they are the best glove I have ever used. and great people to.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Nope!
I've come to the conclusion that a good day riding will require 2-3 pairs of gloves and still may throw on the big insulated Cabelas gloves for the ride back down to the truck.
Really wet or powder day, I resort to neporeme fishing gloves since my hands will be wet instantly anyway, may as well be warm. Normal day, cycle through a couple pairs of lightweight gloves like the insulated Mechanix type "waterproof" construction gloves (same Hipora liner TA gloves use btw). They stay dry a while but only a couple stucks or powder over the bars and they start soaking up water.

Premium Features