• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Aftermarket handlebars

W
Sep 16, 2010
Hey, does anyone know what Protaper or Renthal bars people are using on their XP's ? I have looked it over and there's about 5 thousand different choices. So any help would be appreciated.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Pro

No kidding! I was going to doo pro tapers until I saw all those bars! I have a set of Carmichael's that are 3" wider than stock (30") and they rise 2", not sure of the pullback. I like a 10" riser so with these I'd use an 8" I wanted hooks which you could add but instead I orders the carbon RSI's with bends and they are 30"

PJ-Hunter

Paid Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Jan 31, 2006
Kremmling, Colorado
I used a set of Renthals before I won my RSI carbon fiber Fatbars.

I have them listed in the SWAP. These are the ones I used.

renthalbars.jpg

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
I havn't seen a set of bars I like better than the stock Doo bars....most aftermarket are unnecessarily wide, just makes you reach/lean farther.

M
Nov 13, 2008
RSI

I just ordered for both my XP's from RSI. I will make a thread when I doo them, the carbon bArs and switch relocate, billet reverse and RSI riser will look sick! The carbon/Molly race bend has the hooks and is 30" wide... Same as stock, that's what I wanted.

D
Sep 6, 2011
Calgary
I just converted from a 10" riser/stock bar to a 6" riser and RSI backcountry bar. I did the heaters and the whole works while I was at it. I think they are 28" wide so they feel pretty similar to my mountain bike actually.

My Rev has a Protaper Carmichael with a fat bar adapter on the stock riser. They are considerably wider but I'll resist cutting them beause the effect of wider bars is that my chest is effectively closer to the handlebars. This increases the mechanical advantage of the chest and shoulders because the shoulders are naturally more square by placing the hands farther apart. I'm a tall skinny guy( not much chest and shoulders to work with) so any reach issue doesn't affect me here.

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
Our bars have cut guide marks on the end of the bars to narrow them.

Good info, thanks.
Some bars I've seen don't leave enough room between the bend and the end (if you shorten them) to mount the stock switch pods etc...
I also like the bends (at the end) on the Doo bars, IMO a reproduction of the Doo bars in various materials would be the ticket! I know some Poo guys have put the Doo bars on their Pro's to get rid of the too-wide Pro-Tapers.

M
Nov 13, 2008
Adapt

Their carbon is a taper bar but they make a nice little adapter that's not to expensive. I ordered both. A carbon and a chro/mol. The Molly is a 7/8 all black and alot cheaper just because I'm doo-ing 2 XP's. The carbon's are killer and with their adapter would work also

Last edited:

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Their carbon is a taper bar but they make a nice little adapter that's not to expensive. I ordered both. A carbon and a chro/mol. The Molly is a 7/8 all black and alot cheaper just because I'm doo-ing 2 XP's. The carbon's are killer and with their adapter would work also

like to see a pic and dimension of the 7/8 adapter to run the tapered bar. I may be a candidate. Its the only stock part left on the sled. The carbon I assume is a wrap over Moly?

M
Nov 13, 2008
It's a wrap

Carbon wrap over 7075-T6 aluminum.... Check out RSI website on those clamps, they are only 30$ but for another 40$ you could get their riser also unless you already have one.

M
Oct 24, 2008
Fort St James
On my rev I kept the stock 6" riser and put a set of moose 3" rise fat bars. They cost me $50. As winter brew does not like, they are much wider than stock and the bends don't leave room for narrowing. It doesn't bother me as I am a huge fan of the extra width. I am only 6'0" but feel I have a lot more control with the extra leverage. Whenever I jump onto someone machine with stock bars it just feels wimpy. With the heaters, grips and adapter kit the whole set was just over $100

Premium Features