• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Top ten ways to buy sled stuff w/o your wife finding out;)

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Have separate credit card and checking accounts.

Also...take out a cash advance off the credit card and tell her you were down a few bucks.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
I like to use my personal business account :D and unless the whole sled changes color she won't have a clue.

I have a buddy that switched from a black 07 RMK to a 09 black XP and his wife had no idea it was a new sled because the color did not change.

J

JustinB

Dec 21, 2008
Go shopping at costco buy a hot dog for 1.61 things then get 60 bucks back or 30 if you write a check They will never ask because they where just happy you spent under 100 bucks at costco. Works for me:D

P

Puddy Tat

Oct 4, 2008
Northern, Utah
You Guys are "bad" my husband just tells me!!!! it’s for his sled who cares, it’s his money he works hard for it, if it make it go faster and climbs higher than the better for him. Just tell her!!! :D:beer;:D

T

TurboM700

Nov 26, 2007
St. Anthony MN
We have seperate everthing checking/credit cards you name it. I dont have anything to worry about. But I better make sure I keep enough money in the account to pay bills because she dont like when I ask her for money. :)

What mine is mine and hers is hers.

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
So far, my wife has been pretty good. It helps that when she buys something (like clothes or house decor) I never question it. I'm fortunate that she doesn't go nuts with that though. Also, when she wants something, like tile floors, or Jet skis, I make it a priority. She wanted jet skis, I found some, and now that I want to upgrade my sled, it's not a problem. But, I'm fortunate, I realize not every relationship works this way.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't tell her anything, she'll see it when it gets delivered.

I rarely do that.......BUT

I had a very large box show up one day in Jan of 2008 with an EZ Ryde in it. It was on the front porch when we got home that day....

THAT was a tough one to explain. LOL

Premium Features