• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

The New Ski-Doo LinQ Slim Waterproof Tunnel Bag

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/i72uxsPI5O0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

14o2f40.jpg

ncyro0.jpg

wvoq4p.jpg

dm8eiw.jpg

1zf7pfo.jpg

34pbznk.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I don't put anything on my tunnel because I don't like having the dead weight back there but moving that dead weight as far back on the tunnel as you can, like that design, seems like a bad idea to me. Does your developmental stage mean aka we have never ridden with the dead weight on the very tip of the tunnel?

sledhead_24_7

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 30, 2008
Jackson Wy
Looks like 2 out of the 4 link brackets are the same width as standard set up?
Or all four the same width and distance?

I
Dec 21, 2016
From what I understand of the G4’s, only the 154”+ sleds have the two rear-most and narrower LinQ brackets. The brackets are narrower for use with the ski rack and removable snow flap. I can’t see it causing an issue, especially if you don’t load the bag too heavy and/or use a heavier duty bumper.

My question is this; is this bag only usable on 154”+ sleds?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I don't put anything on my tunnel because I don't like having the dead weight back there but moving that dead weight as far back on the tunnel as you can, like that design, seems like a bad idea to me. Does your developmental stage mean aka we have never ridden with the dead weight on the very tip of the tunnel?

Makes zero difference, ride with ski racks loaded, won't even feel it unless your moving gold bars to the woods, however you can probably put it directly behind the seat and use the two back buckles to go through the second set of linq brackets.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Makes zero difference, ride with ski racks loaded, won't even feel it unless your moving gold bars to the woods, however you can probably put it directly behind the seat and use the two back buckles to go through the second set of linq brackets.

Dave , Please communicate to BRP that users want the option to mount it directly behind the seat. For a lot of us carrying a jerry can is a non-issue, we stage very close to the technical riding. However, we don’t want our gear hanging out at the end of our tunnel. I know you say it makes zero difference but that’s just not true. Simple physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Dave , Please communicate to BRP that users want the option to mount it directly behind the seat. For a lot of us carrying a jerry can is a non-issue, we stage very close to the technical riding. However, we don’t want our gear hanging out at the end of our tunnel. I know you say it makes zero difference but that’s just not true. Simple physics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was suggested at the 2019 release as well and a retrofit is planned to make the bag work in position 1&2, it is hoped to be released for 2019 PAC. Cheers dave

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
I wish Doo would find a way to “waterproof” there tunnel bags that doesn’t involve rolling up an extra foot of material. Also I like the bags that have some way to organize your gear inside. Nice they used yellow material on the inside so you can see what you want to get out of the bag. If the inside of that was black it would be very tough to find small stuff in there.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
This was suggested at the 2019 release as well and a retrofit is planned to make the bag work in position 1&2, it is hoped to be released for 2019 PAC. Cheers dave

Awesome news! Looking forward to purchasing one and using it in the position nearest the seat.

Dave, I'm assuming you share our thoughts with BRP as much as you share BRP news with us. Thanks for all your hard work! If you ever want to switch jobs let me know.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
On a side note. I mounted the removable snow flap and didn't want to drill the holes the directions show you to drill further back on the tunnel, which also puts the snow flap right through the bumper and tunnel when mounted on the tunnel. Instead I just switched around one of the linq mounts in the pre drilled location. It now mounts a little off center, but does not interfere with trying to grab the bumper when stuck. Works for me because I only carry gas up to stash in the trees. I agree with Chadly. No weight added to the tunnel. Better performance and ride all around.

R
Dec 28, 2007
New linq bag issues

I agree . Please make it mountable in both positions . They are limiting the people who will purchase by making it fit in only one position . I do not see the logic here . If I am not carrying the gas can which is not often I want the bag closer to the seat . Also why so much excess material you have to roll up and take up storage space ? No body will utilize the extra space afforded by the huge bag because you cannot mount the hard top ? Seems silly and wastefull to have so much unused material in the bag .

W
Sep 9, 2013
I agree . Please make it mountable in both positions . They are limiting the people who will purchase by making it fit in only one position . I do not see the logic here . If I am not carrying the gas can which is not often I want the bag closer to the seat . Also why so much excess material you have to roll up and take up storage space ? No body will utilize the extra space afforded by the huge bag because you cannot mount the hard top ? Seems silly and wastefull to have so much unused material in the bag .

I don't necessarily have an issue with the position but it looks like there is no room in it once you fold all the material in it and the price is rather high.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
I don't necessarily have an issue with the position but it looks like there is no room in it once you fold all the material in it and the price is rather high.

Here is how a dry bag works, the more you put in the less you roll, the less you put in the more you roll. If there was less material the bag would be smaller volume. The clam shell is adjustable in height so if you will it the bag will stand up higher and the clam shell half won't touch. If you just put a few items in the bag, then you roll the roll-top dry bag up, which takes all of 2 seconds. The material is not bulky.

B
Feb 18, 2009
So does it work in position 1 now?

The catalog still says positions 2/3

It does not, I even talked to Norna at haydays and he had no info on any efforts to make it work in position 1/2.. I picked up the bag and fabbed up some alum/powercoated brackets so I can use it in both positions. I'll post some pictures up soon as I get it finalized. I'll note that to do this I got rid of the back right bag linq adapter and will use double sided (loop) velcro to hold it down to the linq bracket on the sled. Pretty happy with how it's turning out.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington

Tunnel weight is for your recycling. Empty cans. Lol. I carry my essentials in my back pack. Tunnel behind the seat must be empty all day to enjoy the characteristics of the snowmobile. X-Specially with the doo rear skid

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Photo Dec 07, 7 50 38 PM.jpg

Weighed in at 18lbs.

Ski-doo has the weight limit listed on the top of the tail light. 35lbs...

The small gas can is 6lbs. Gas is 6.3lbs/gal and it holds 3 gallons so it can weight up to (6+(6.3*3))=24.9lbs

35 - 24.9 = 10.1lbs is what I would be allowed to let my bag weigh in total.

So I am going to run my fuel caddy half full (1.5 gallons) to compensate for the extra weight in my bag. I don't usually use my fuel in the caddy it is great for emergencies however.

Premium Features