• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

best track for 155 axys with sidekick

C
Nov 21, 2010
i have a 17 155 axys with a bd sidekick i put extravert drivers in and it tore my track uo broke every fibreglass cord but needles to say i need a new track and i want to know what track is the best I'm leaning towards the casmo conquer 280 i want to stick with the 3 inch pitch but I dont know what track is best it needs to be fully clipped i thing

i ride whistler area tight steep trees is my jam

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Challenger X3. I like the Powerclaw but you’ll need custom rails from Ice Age for a 155 Axys as it’s a 153” track. The X3 is the best.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
Another vote for the X3. Forget the 280. I ride Whistler as well. I tried the 280 last year, fun track in setup snow. No Bueno when its deep.

C
Nov 21, 2010
o 3" challenger extreme how many psi are u running how long have u had it is it fully clipped

it wasn't fully clipped i had 8 rides on it with the base side kick but i also had 1600 km from last year before i put the turbo on i had 2 rides with extraverts the track had every coard broken and was still skipping with extraverts and then blew up the chain case. wasn't having any luck but now i have realized it needs to be fully clipped

X
Oct 8, 2009
I have a camso 280 174" on a fully built turbo viper that makes big power. I really like how well it generates lift and loads the paddles at high track speeds (75 mph+). But, comparatively, I hear from people who cannot generate enough power to flex the paddles that the track has a tendency to trench. So, I would say...does your sled generate enough power to really leverage the track design or not? If you run low boost, an X3 is probably a better way to go.

I know two guys with turbo pro's. One has a 165 x 3.5 pitch 280 and the other a 174 x 3 pitch X3. Both sleds make good power around 10 psi and work equally well. The 174 X3 has more bite down low at lower track speeds and it is a little more forgiving. Under full load, they are comparable in east Idaho/Wyoming snow.

The one benefit of the 280 is the weight. Less rotating mass has less inertia, which allows you to turn the sled easier under load when climbing or side hilling. I would say the difference is not drastic, but it is definitely noticeable.

Last edited:
Premium Features