• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 M8 - DOES IT NEED A PROGRAMMER?

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
I have a y pipe and a can (stock pipe) and plan on doing boyesen rage cages and sno pro intake(basically a bdx) and Im not going to run the top cover over the intake. Will I need a programmer to do so it will it be fine. I mainly back country ride a not a whole lot of trails if i can help it. 3-8k feet.

Thanks, will

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
With the y pipe and open air intake you will need a programmer. I would advise against the open air intake. They sacrifice deep snow performance and always have a bog.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
With the y pipe and open air intake you will need a programmer. I would advise against the open air intake. They sacrifice deep snow performance and always have a bog.

Even with pilling air from under hood and the hood vents? Also the boyesen reeds i have are for the non HO sot sure if there is a difference other than using the stock intake boot?

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
No airbox with open intake will make the sled run poor and my experience was it lost HP. Racinstation knows what to do...listen unless you enjoy cleaning metal out of your motor and wasting money.

Premium Features