For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Fouled Plug Stuff not directly related to snowmobiles. ATVs, trucks, hunting, sports, boating etc. Please keep it clean.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2019, 10:15 AM
Currently: ready to ride
cpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond reputecpa has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default Just bought a boat

I have always gone into a deep depression this time of year when I put the sleds up because I hate the heat so I've never had any summer hobby's. I'm more blessed financially then I deserve to be so I decided they best way to make family memories year round was to buy a boat which made the wife and kids super excited. I've never owned a boat or even spent much time on them but found a killer deal on a 2018 Moomba Max and jumped in with both feet. My kids had fun finding wake boards, wake surf boards and tubes so we are all geared up. Any advice from seasoned boaters for a complete newbie to this strange world of swimsuits instead of Klim monosuits? My kids and wife are super excited so hopefully the heat doesnt kill me.

I'm sure my biggest concern is quite common in this world.....my wife cant back a trailer to save her life and doesnt want to drive the boat either what to do what to do???
Way more important than my sleds

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cpa For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-24-2019), Marty UT (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Currently: Not set.
NWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond reputeNWAlpineAssassin has a reputation beyond repute

Biggest tip, don't fight with your wife at the boat launch! When we launch our boat, I usually back it all the way in then jump in the boat...she hops in the drivers seat of our truck and pulls out the boat trailer and parks it. Works pretty seamless. Also, have her spend as much time driving the boat as possible, she'll grow to like it Most of all, have fun! Our girls spent their first days on our boat in a car seat as infants...have made a ton of memories over the past several years. Enjoy and have fun! Congrats as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpa View Post
I have always gone into a deep depression this time of year when I put the sleds up because I hate the heat so I've never had any summer hobby's. I'm more blessed financially then I deserve to be so I decided they best way to make family memories year round was to buy a boat which made the wife and kids super excited. I've never owned a boat or even spent much time on them but found a killer deal on a 2018 Moomba Max and jumped in with both feet. My kids had fun finding wake boards, wake surf boards and tubes so we are all geared up. Any advice from seasoned boaters for a complete newbie to this strange world of swimsuits instead of Klim monosuits? My kids and wife are super excited so hopefully the heat doesnt kill me.

I'm sure my biggest concern is quite common in this world.....my wife cant back a trailer to save her life and doesnt want to drive the boat either what to do what to do???

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NWAlpineAssassin For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-24-2019), Marty UT (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 11:01 AM
Currently: Undefeated Mountain Clutching Champ of the World!
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

However you slice it, it's a team thing. She will have either back the truck down or drive the boat.
Go to the boat launch when no one is there and practice your routine. Each person should have their own job.
The first time you get frustrated and yell at her, she will forever associate boating with getting in trouble and hate it. Dont yell and have fun together!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kanedog For This Useful Post:
Marty UT (05-24-2019), niner (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 16,289 Times in 7,800 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Team Effort is all well and good, BUT..

As a guy that manufactured performance boats and was litterally in the water every single day launching and retrieving boats in Lake Havasu AZ I am here to tell ya you CAN do it SOLO.

If your lovely wife is NOT a trailer person.

Just prep the boat for launch and YOU back it down into the water.
You get aboard and motor it to the dock.

And all your wife has to do is drive STRAIGHT AHEAD up the ramp and into a PULL THROUGH parking space at the launch site.

The more you can do to lower her stress level at the launch, the happier your day will be.

If on the other hand you have one of those all too rare AWESOME wifes who are comfortable and skilled at backing a trailer down an incline and into the water, well, your life will be simple and filled with joy!!!!

But there is nothing funnier than watching people who are STRESSED OUT in the middle of the summer in the heat trying and FAILING to launch or recover a boat on a crazy busy day. That right there is some prime entertainment.

Last edited by christopher; 05-24-2019 at 01:02 PM.

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
Qreiff (06-02-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 02:56 PM
Currently: Undefeated Mountain Clutching Champ of the World!
kanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond reputekanedog has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

That's so funny. I lived in Havasu for a while. Best place to learn about boating. It's like a trial by fire and you get good fast. Where did you work and for how long?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 05-24-2019, 02:59 PM
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanedog View Post
That's so funny. I lived in Havasu for a while. Best place to learn about boating. It's like a trial by fire and you get good fast. Where did you work and for how long?

I ran Desert Thunder Marine
My Step Father was "Cheetah Bob"

Lived there till I moved up here to Idaho Falls in Jan of 2007

And yes, you did NOT want to screw up on launching or recovering a boat on a major holiday weekend.
But if you had the time and a cold beer, it was hard to beat just sitting at the launch and WATCHING the tourists try to get their boats into or out of the water.
They would get SO FREAKING ANGRY and FRUSTRATED and not being able to back the trailer down the ramp into the water smoothly..

Good Times..

Last edited by christopher; 05-24-2019 at 03:02 PM.

Old 05-24-2019, 03:04 PM
Garage

Submitted for your viewing pleasure

bholmlate (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Garage

bholmlate (05-24-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 04:34 PM
Currently: currently looking for work to support my habit
bholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond reputebholmlate has a reputation beyond repute

that is why at a local lake we used to camp at the beach right near the boat ramp. It was great fun in the morning eating breakfast watching the idiots try to launch their boats. and during dinner you get a repeat performance of people trying to load them at the end of the day. You need a license to drive a car. You don't need anything to buy a boat and that become really apparent if you stand near a boat launch for any amount of time.

The Following User Says Thank You to bholmlate For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-25-2019)
Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 PM
Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,110 Posts
Jaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond repute

Boats are fun, I miss using mine lol....maybe when the kids are a bit older. Get a bimini top to keep the wife and kids happy when it's hot out.

If there's calm water and a dock adjacent to your boat ramp, it's pretty easy to throw a long rope on the front, shove boat off by hand, pull it to the dock with the rope and have your wife hold it while you park the truck if need be. You can do the same thing in reverse if you're not confident driving it on the trailer the first couple times. Won't work great with no dock or if it's busy.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:12 PM
kcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kcj1317 For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-25-2019), Jaynelson (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 06:12 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-25-2019, 06:13 PM
Garage

Click Here to Register

Old 05-25-2019, 08:18 PM
Currently: Need some steak for my beans and rice
Thanked 2,705 Times in 1,714 Posts
05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute05900 has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

Click Here to Register

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 05900 For This Useful Post:
BLITZKRIEG (05-25-2019), christopher (05-28-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 08:33 PM
Currently: Trump is a troll
Thanked 3,569 Times in 1,789 Posts
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mafesto For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-28-2019), Jaynelson (05-25-2019), Jean-Luc Picard (05-28-2019), kcj1317 (05-25-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 09:53 PM
kcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond reputekcj1317 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to kcj1317 For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-28-2019)
Old 05-25-2019, 09:54 PM
Thanked 2,860 Times in 1,110 Posts
Jaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond reputeJaynelson has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Jaynelson For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-28-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 09:06 AM
Basic Member
Aerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond reputeAerosled has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Aerosled For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 01:19 PM
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Lake Powell For This Useful Post:
christopher (05-28-2019)
Old 05-28-2019, 02:28 PM
Currently: sourceinnovations.ca
Teth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond reputeTeth-Air has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-28-2019, 03:36 PM
Mafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond reputeMafesto has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-28-2019, 05:26 PM
Lake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond reputeLake Powell has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 05-28-2019, 07:15 PM
Currently: Kicking tires on dirt bikes
bobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond reputebobback has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-02-2019, 06:30 AM
Basic Member
crashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond reputecrashnbash has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 06-02-2019, 01:30 PM

Click Here to Register

The Following User Says Thank You to Mafesto For This Useful Post:
kcj1317 (06-02-2019)