• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2011 Polaris pro rmk 800 bogging issue

P
Jan 20, 2019
Hello there so I’m new to this forum and just trying to get some help regarding my 2011 Polaris pro rmk 800 I bought the sled out in bc Canada with only 1100 original kilometres and installed a mountain tech fix kit and that was it sled started good I ended up moving back home to Ontario and took sled for its firts ride had the tank mixed too for the break in all went good sled was running awesome and no issues then this past weekend made a last minute decision to go trail riding with some fiends sinces my sled has a mountain can I couldn’t run with that on the trail so I borrowed a stock can off a 2010 Polaris rush 600 to make the sled little quieter with not time to test the sled with that 600 can it didn’t go well ran sled for 20 min and loaded it back into the truck it ran ok at low rpm but wide open it cut out on me and engine light came on and lost power so I think the 600 can had too much restriction for the 800 I changed the can out today and sled sounds good idling but took it out in 2-3 feet of snow and it does not sounds the same and feels like it lost power I’m scratching my head to what is wrong maybe one of the vavles is stuck just wondering if any one here wouldn have any suggestions to what is wrong thanks

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I've moved your thread into the Pro-ride forum so that it'll be easier for other members to see and comment on.

Are there any check engine lights or anything coming on the gauge when it bogs?

P
Jan 20, 2019
the light would come on and off a bit at idle but not while riding. today I took the exhaust vavles out and I noticed when removing the vavles closet to the can part of the base gasket fell looks like it was broken and was leaking wich is prob the sound I heard before the sled shut down and lost power on the weekend anyways I cleaned both vavles and got a new gasket for the one I also noticed vavle closer to the clutch had one big spring inside and the other side had two little one intertwined together is this normal I looked up the part on polaris website and it only shows a one piece spring just seems weird to me why both vavles have different spring setup. I put the sled back together and started it up sounded better took it down the road and felt and sounded good I’m going to take into some powder after work tomorrow to see how it does if anyone can tell me why there is two different springs that would be greatly appreciated thanks

P
Jan 20, 2019
So I should replace both exhaust vavle spring I took sled out and it didn’t run to well got the det 1352 code twice I’m running 91 with no ethanol and I ordered 10-68 clutch weights It has 10-62 in it now and I’m going to order to new springs and try that

P
Jan 20, 2019
Around my area I’m about 250-400 ft some places I want to ride in quebec aren’t past 2500 ft so I think the 10-68 weight should Be perfect and just a question where should I buy my weights thanks

Last edited:
Premium Features