• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Baker avalanche!!!

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
I heard of a fatal avy at Mt. Baker. Anyone know the details? R.I.P. and my deepest condolences to the family.

S
Feb 24, 2016
WA
Yes, what was in my opinion, a relatively thick wind slab avalanche took another one of our sledder community today. My heart sank when I saw it break loose.

Here are a couple of pics I took after the fact.

IMG_8559.jpg IMG_8577.jpg

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
Complacent... He's hit that a lot of times. I've seen him hit in person... I did the most mellow ride I have done in 5 years today. Enjoyed the sun with good people. I stared at every big hill sketched out. I figured most people would be in the same boat with the latest events... He was too young and too talented. So sad...

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Looking at the pics... That's a big hill.
Was he buried and asphyxiated or did he die from trauma?
Simple question, with all due respect.

I

i'llDooit

Nov 27, 2007
Duvall washington
Was on the mountain today. Opposite side looking over at the slide below the look out. I've been there watching him jump it before too... I was on the same radio channel and heard all the chatter in the attempted recovery. Was heart breaking. The snowmobile tribe will not be the same without him. He's left a ton of sad brothers in mourning with the loss of life..

maurfello

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2009
Washington
Looking at the pics... That's a big hill.
Was he buried and asphyxiated or did he die from trauma?
Simple question, with all due respect.
Looking at those pictures of the slide I would assume trauma. Thoughts and prayers to family and friends.

Premium Features