• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Officially a Ski-Doo rider now..

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Looks like my transition from Yamaha to Ski-Doo is about to happen.

Just got the call that my first 850 has arrived and is ready for me to go and pick up.

One down, 2 more to go.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Are all 3 of yours coming from the same dealer?
Nope
Looks like I will get 2 more of them from Rexburg Motor Sports.
Just like everyone else, I am out there making phone calls trying to find available stock and get the BEST possible deal I can scrounge up.

The one in West was pre-ordered and for reasons unknown, that is the dealer that Ski-Doo delivered it to along with all the SnoWest Sleds.

The other two will come from wherever I can find them

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
Nope
Looks like I will get 2 more of them from Rexburg Motor Sports.
Just like everyone else, I am out there making phone calls trying to find available stock and get the BEST possible deal I can scrounge up.

The one in West was pre-ordered and for reasons unknown, that is the dealer that Ski-Doo delivered it to along with all the SnoWest Sleds.

The other two will come from wherever I can find them

Did you check with Summit Motorsports in Bozeman? They may have a few

cascadesnowjunky

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Kennewick WA
Why don't you buy a polaris and an arctic cat to go with it. Then you can do a full writeup on how each performs in all different snow conditions. You can have them all three out on the snow on the same day for a comparison.

live2beel

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Why the need for so many of the same sled? Just curious. Also are these prices with prep and all of the other b.s dealers try to get?

S
Sep 22, 2005
Pocatello, Id
Lets Ride in Heyburn Idaho has some 850 SPs in Stock. They have received a number of the X 850's including mine. As far as any unclaimed X's, they have only had one and sold it in an hour. They have a waiting list for any turned back X's.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why the need for so many of the same sled? Just curious. Also are these prices with prep and all of the other b.s dealers try to get?

For the last 6 seasons I have tried hard to make it a habit to take new riders with me as often as possible and introduce them to snowmobiling.

I had 2 Boosted Nytros, 1 boosted Viper and 2 stock Phazers.
The Phazers were the PERFECT sled to put a "Never-Ever" and introduce them to the joys of riding while not putting a high dollar sled in peril of being destroyed.

This year I decided it was time to find out what all this noise about "2-Smokes" is all about. I would guess I have a total of maybe 3 rides on 2 stroke sleds since 2009.

So, I sold or am selling all of the Yamahas.
That means right off I need three new sleds for myself and my two sons.
Those I would prefer to all be the same general make/model just for ease of maintenance.

What I don't know yet is what I will replace the 2 phazers with...

But my guess is that we will have one Summit X and 2 SPs..

And we will use 2 of the sleds as Test Beds for Mods just like we did on the Nytros. When we are done they should be full mod sleds that will have generated LOTS of interesting articles here in the Gen 4 forum just like the Nytros did in the Yamaha forum.

As for why NO diversity?
These are personally bought/paid for sleds, NOT company sleds like the magazine. The reality is I just can't afford to have a full stable that represents a cross section of all the great sleds on the market right now. That would be WAY FUN to do, but the only way I could do that is if the manufacturer's all decided to sponsor sleds to me, and my guess is, that the moment I no longer PAID for the sleds I was riding, would be the same moment that my opinion of what was good and what SUCKED would become utterly worthless to all the SnoWest Members.

So long as I have to write out a check for my sleds and all the goodies I bolt onto them, you can rest assured that what I have to say about the brands is honest and NOT bought and paid for...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Lets Ride in Heyburn Idaho has some 850 SPs in Stock. They have received a number of the X 850's including mine. As far as any unclaimed X's, they have only had one and sold it in an hour. They have a waiting list for any turned back X's.

Ya, Ski-Doo corporate has told me the new 850 sleds are VERY HOT right now and will become "Unobtainable" in no time at all. Sales are strong and inventory will be very short this season.

They even suggested to me that I consider NOT buying 3 850s just because the market is able to get such a high price for them based on huge pre-season demand. Based on their numbers, the new 850 is a MASSIVE SUCCESS for a new sled roll out...

D

Drewd

Feb 2, 2012
Colorado
www.imnotrightinthehead.com
I commend you for taking out never ever's on your sleds.

I wish more people were as inclusive and welcoming of newbies as it is the only way I think this activity can survive the onslaught of incremental environmentalism.

Good luck on your remaining purchases!

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
"So, I sold or am selling all of the Yamahas." WHAT!? That's pretty cold blooded Christopher,,, after all the years.
Expected a ride comparison and a "weight don't matter thread" at least once before this scenario.

Understandable by many who did the infamous "brand swap" though. Tough to do without confused tears. Tears of joy from fond memories and tears of anger from money invested to make those memories "more fond".
But,,, when it's over,,,it's over, so don't forget the blue underwear has to go too. Throw them in as a deal closer except for one pair please. Put those on in the spring so we can find out about Yamaha's acceleration in the mountain sled program.
Always look forward to it.

"What I don't know yet is what I will replace the 2 phazers with." Easy peasy and cheap Christopher, now that you have seen the lite. Look for a couple of used pre-2000 Tundras and add electric start if needed.
Same power just lighter, which makes no difference really, eh,,, except to the person riding it.

"So long as I have to write out a check for my sleds and all the goodies I bolt onto them, you can rest assured that what I have to say about the brands is honest and NOT bought and paid for..." Oh really??
So now you claim to be a God from Mars with no bias to the brand you sit on each ride, caress when out of sight of the wife and took 10's of thousands out of the bank to purchase?
Please Christopher, we are not all teenagers here.

Premium Features