• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014 nytro

jlroth

Lifetime Membership
Aug 24, 2009
Thinking about buying a 2014 nitro this year with a factory turbo kit. I coming off a 2009 skidoo summit with a 154 track. The group I ride with like to tree ride a lot don't know if it would be able to hang with anymore. any thoughts on switching to a four stroke turboed ?

clatla

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2010
MN
Actually the Nytro has no changes from 13' to 14'. The Viper is a Cat chassis with a Yami motor. They only offer the Viper in a trail and crossover chassis.

To the original question, the Nytro can do very well in the trees. You just need to remember you will have to work a little harder with the added weight. The turbo would make it easier.

jlroth

Lifetime Membership
Aug 24, 2009
how many miles are people getting out of the nitro boosted? what can I do if I ride it around on the flat land around 1200 ft evelation running the factory turbo kit?

T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
how many miles are people getting out of the nitro boosted? what can I do if I ride it around on the flat land around 1200 ft evelation running the factory turbo kit?

about 6 pounds boost = 180 hp

D
Nov 30, 2007

Dont know about the Nytro motor, but i ran into a guy a few years back with an RX1 turbo and he had 20,000 on it, never touched the motor, and that day was having his first issue, clutches were worn out, still ran good though.

T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
Is their any problems with the push turbo setup

On another forum site one or two people have blown motors when running the push kit. It probably is coincidental just know the limits at sea level.

Last edited:
T

tjc

Jan 8, 2008
you would have to see what the base actuator is, you can only go as low as the base wastegate setting. Unless you go with lighter wastegate.

jlroth

Lifetime Membership
Aug 24, 2009
does any body know the weight difference between the skidoo summit 162 and a turboed nitro 162 ?

M

M C

Apr 21, 2009
Golden Valley MN
Sorry, its NYTRO and yes they are heavier than a Summit. I would not buy one if weight is a big concern for you.
With boost they feel a litttle lighter though :D

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
On another forum site one or two people have blown motors when running the push kit. It probably is coincidental just know the limits at sea level.

if they blew a motor with a pump gas push kit its pure stupidity and they have no business owning a turbo sled

Shattered1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2012
Juneau, AK
What I've been able to gather about the Push kit:

- Low boost and pretty much as turn key as you can get on a boosted sled.

- The Nytro engine accepts boost well and engine life isn't an issue. If the engine life is less than natural aspiration, it still has far more longevity than any Ski-Doo 2 stroke. 10,000 miles plus should be expected.

- Feels like more than 180 h.p.

- Haven't heard or read any complaints about the Push 180 kit. The only problem I have heard is that once you have 180 h.p., you tend to want more. Boost tends to be addictive.

If it were me, I'd be torn between a Nytro and the new Viper. The Viper should be lighter with better ergonomics/handling, but I don't like the idea of buying a sled in the first few years of production. Let them work the bugs out of it for a few years.

I haven't heard if they will offer the Viper with a warrantied boost kit and it won't be available with any track longer than 144 from the factory next year. Not the best track length for the steep and deep.

As far as working in the trees goes, the Nytro engine has tons of grunt down low, so getting power down to the track before the turbo spools up isn't an issue.

Last edited:
Premium Features