• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-arm bolt on nytro VERY IMPORTANT

yammi4ever

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Garwin, Iowa
Posted this on TY also, but thought I should post here as this could be dangerous.

OK, I read the thread about the top right a-arm bold backing out and thought to myself " I will take a look at that this weekend". Well went for a spin yesterday and when getting back on my sled after opening a gate noticed the right ski was sitting cockeyed. Yep my top bolt was out and a-arm half way out of mounting point.

Called a buddy to come get me and hauled it home. Bolt was bent, (will straighten for now till can get a new one) took a little paint off a-arm and put a he ll of a notch in my spindle from where the upper ball joint was resting on it. Might have tweaked the frame slightly, but won't know till I get it back together (will be calling dealer tomorrow, anyone have the service bulletin number on this)

I guess it could have been worse, as just a few miles earlier i had been ripping along at 75 or so going across a bean field. Don't even want to think of what would have happened if it had fallen out there.

Take a look at this NOW not later, let my procrastination be a lesson to you all.

This is on a 2009 xtx with around 1100 miles by the way.

F
Jan 7, 2005
Greenville, NC
had this issue with my Phazer, grab a couple cotter pins drill a small hole through the bolts on the threads.

Just be happy the nut didn't come all the way off... that was scary.

H

HYFLYR

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Nov 21, 2007
Alaska
This only applies to certain models between a given build date or vin #. Not all nytros are affected, but its always good to check.

If you want, pull the top two bolts out(bolt on top a arm (R+L) and apply red loctite. Problem solved.

Dealers are just now recieving the tech bulletin and they should be in touch with customers soon.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Got a recall letter on this from Yamaha on my 2009 Nytro.
Goes in for a free inspection/upgrade on Tuesday.

I
Jan 12, 2009
nytro Aarm

I got a recall letter from yamaha on this last week, Aarm bolts need to have loctite put on them and be retorqed.

Premium Features