• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2010 Nytro HP gain without turbo

S
Nov 29, 2007
My first Yamaha, 2010 162" SE. Would like some more HP but wondering if the only way is a turbo. Are there fuel controllers, exhaust etc to get some more HP without a turbo? Just want say 30 more HP without spending the 5K. Ideas? or is turbo the only way.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Interesting you would put 30HP as the goal.
I felt the very same way today.
I was thinking another 50 ponies would do the trick nicely for my weight on my 2010 SE.

I think BOOST will be on my summer program! :D
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

otis

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2007
Ulmer was selling old NW turbos for like 3k which were good for up to 100HP. If he's out of those he is still selling the NW turbos rebadged and calibrated and has a 180HP kit as well. NOS or boost are really your only options for 30HP since most intake and exhaust mods will maybe get 10HP with a fuel controller and $1000 later.

Otis

S
Nov 29, 2007
Yea, 180 kit seems to be the only answer. Couple out there, which one is the front runner. Most likely go with MCX as I believe my dealer installs them.

OFT Racing

Lifetime Membership
Nov 5, 2008
Anchorage, AK
www.OFTRacing.com
Header, Exhaust, clutching, drop a few pounds and it will run with all the 8's just fine. Mines not clutched yet and it is right on the tail of a 2010 M8. Excell says 148 hp with the header and exhaust, Thats not to shabby for a engine as reliable as the Nytro.

D
Sep 19, 2008
Sandy, UT
Header, Exhaust, clutching, drop a few pounds and it will run with all the 8's just fine. Mines not clutched yet and it is right on the tail of a 2010 M8. Excell says 148 hp with the header and exhaust, Thats not to shabby for a engine as reliable as the Nytro.

is the 148 hp claimed at sea level? i think the rule is you lose roughly 3% for every 1k feet of elevation.

600xc4me

May 21, 2008
La Crete Alberta
O ok cool thanks. So comparable to a regular higher hp turbo. So the 180 kit is just a small turbo running fairly low boost pretty much? Or whats it made up of? 92 pump gas i take it? Im thinking i would do the install myself. Never worked with turbos but if im going to own one i want to know it inside out. I know of a good dealer who could help out if i need him.

grizzly7

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Short of buying a turbo, your best money is an excell full exhaust system I have 2 one on my 09 xtx and one now on my 10 mtx se, then clutching by either ulmer or super torquer dnf's. I will gaurantee you will be pleased and don't be surprised if you get more hp than what is talked about above, because my xtx can whip an apex from 0-90 or even my nephew on his 121 se nytro I leave him in the dust. EXCELL IS THE BEST!!! (imo)

Premium Features