• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

weak spark after sitting all summer

J
Jul 8, 2009
i have a 96 ext with a zr700 in it and i bought it i rode it across the lawn and parked it for the summer in the garage. i went to start it and the engine will only run on one clynder. i changed the coil and plugs but no differance when you take the plugs out they are wet and you pull it over with them out they have a very weak spark. i thought maybe somekind of low oil switch on the oil tank but there is not one on there. can anything corrode over the summer? any answers will help thank you

B
Dec 5, 2007
i have a 96 ext with a zr700 in it and i bought it i rode it across the lawn and parked it for the summer in the garage. i went to start it and the engine will only run on one clynder. i changed the coil and plugs but no differance when you take the plugs out they are wet and you pull it over with them out they have a very weak spark. i thought maybe somekind of low oil switch on the oil tank but there is not one on there. can anything corrode over the summer? any answers will help thank you

Depending on the year of the motor you could have 1 of 2 different stators in it. Test it using the methods in links in my signature. Check all connections, grounds, check for shorted out wires ect.. Test the stator and post your readings.

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Like Jeff said, it is most likely corrosion on the flywheel or pickup coil. A little corrosion can stop a lot of juice. Clean stuff up with a little fine emery cloth

Premium Features