• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Why do YOU pay to use this site?

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Ever since the site had the Month+ long proxy server debacle when many of us paying member couldn't even open threads or make posts I have been wondering this. WHY do YOU pay to use this web site? I have been into snowmobiling for aprox 25 years and Im on several different related websites year round sharing information, helping other riders and also finding help myself when I need it. But...This is the only website I have ever paid to use (back to basic member status now). I have also been big into stock car racing for the last 15 years and just like snowmobiling I am on several related websites year round, NONE of which I have to pay to share and receive help from fellow racers.
So.....With that said, WHY do we/you pay to use this site?
The site is slammed with advertising. Just open the home page to the forums and you cant even seen the forums without having to start scrolling down due to the 12 different adds that are plastered on the screen. Then once you do scroll down your left with about 2/3 rds of your screen to actually view the site.
Why should we have to pay, to access the information that we are posting?

And before anyone slams me about the cost of this sport......bla bla bla, and this is a small fee.... That's not the point here. The point is WHY are we required to pay to access information that WE are sharing. Eric

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
This site was free for MANY years and did just fine.

Are there features that you use that snowest is providing or do you just come here to view the posts, that the members are submitting? Eric

ProTechMachining

Premium Member
Dec 21, 2008
Central Minnesota
This site was free for MANY years and did just fine.

Are there features that you use that snowest is providing or do you just come here to view the posts, that the members are submitting? Eric

There are no specific features that I use. I view the posts mainly because that is all there is. I have gotten great information off this site. However you have to sift through many of the posts and take them with a grain of salt to get what your after. Not unlike many other Forums.

Pro-8250

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2008
Northern MN.
Ever since the site had the Month+ long proxy server debacle when many of us paying member couldn't even open threads or make posts I have been wondering this. WHY do YOU pay to use this web site? I have been into snowmobiling for aprox 25 years and Im on several different related websites year round sharing information, helping other riders and also finding help myself when I need it. But...This is the only website I have ever paid to use (back to basic member status now). I have also been big into stock car racing for the last 15 years and just like snowmobiling I am on several related websites year round, NONE of which I have to pay to share and receive help from fellow racers.
So.....With that said, WHY do we/you pay to use this site?
The site is slammed with advertising. Just open the home page to the forums and you cant even seen the forums without having to start scrolling down due to the 12 different adds that are plastered on the screen. Then once you do scroll down your left with about 2/3 rds of your screen to actually view the site.
Why should we have to pay, to access the information that we are posting?

And before anyone slams me about the cost of this sport......bla bla bla, and this is a small fee.... That's not the point here. The point is WHY are we required to pay to access information that WE are sharing. Eric
Bottom line? They are in it to make money. Nothing wrong with that. We all do it. :face-icon-small-hap
And heck no, no slams on you, you bring up some very excellent points, thank you!

M

m8braaaap

Banned
Dec 3, 2012
mancos colorado
pay to ride!!! I like to hear what people are doing with their sleds and share what I do with mine.you can be a free member!!! you have that option!!! just cant search deep or have a avatar!! if you visit fouled plug, ive made a thread so people can cry.just sayin

J

judger101

Sep 2, 2008
Washburn, ND
this is a service that they are providing a place for YOU and I to come and share information. This site brings people together. most good things in this world aren't free. finding one good piece of information a year is well worth the small fee.

1MEX

Apr 19, 2008
915 to the 801
www.wr-products.com
Get facebook. everyone is doing it. If you want to trouble shoot or ask about a product, its on there or google it. I haven't found a reason to pay so I haven't. my .02 :face-icon-small-coo

jzanc532

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2009
Rock Springs, WY
I look at it more that I'm paying for an online magazine subscription and I get premium forum usage along with that. As far as the ads, I completely forgot about them because I have adblock on my web browser but I think if you pay you shouldn't have to see the ads. Anyways here's the adblock website https://adblockplus.org/en/chrome enjoy!

noob

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
That will be $1.99 .I take paypal.

LMAO. that is too funny right there.

Are you guys getting pop up ad's or banners? I see ads at the top and side of the page and they dont' bother me a bit. Please don't take this the wrong way but nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to come to this site. If you dont' like it, there are lots of free sites as mentioned.

Premium Features