• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Living with out honor....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Hi all, last november when admin informed the members of snowest about up coming changes it polarized quite a group of members in both directions..some for the changes, some against...I voiced both concerns, and support for things I thought were good...as the arguments escalated I noticed a few things happen that convinced me that this change was going to be bad for snowest forums as it concerned us snowmobilers....when members started deleteing their post and threads before leaving admin locked all post/threads older then 2 weeks,for me that was a big wrong...those who made those post/threads did so with an implied right of access of a free member during a time when these forums were free...I was ready to leave at that time but admin promised us all..."stay give it a chance and then make your choice..we have all these great plans for this site..So I agreed to stay....I have since that time witnessed many disservices from this admin, including gross over moderation, heavy handed tactics against any and all who disagree with admins position, and quite a lot of mistruths if not flat out deceit....as well as gross censorship on a public forum...the latest moderation which trys to quelch all resistance even if it involves encouraging/allowing paid members to harrass unpaid members...I actually paid very early in the process when the pay window became available..because I am not allowed to remove personal post/threads that I have on here, and because I have close friends that I have made on this site who wished at that time to remain paid members...since then almost to a group these members have moved on to another forum due to admins dealings..some who visit the polaris or alaska thread have seen both post and threads I have made to help others out...I did this to give back to my hobby,it is something I enjoy doing, helping others...I cant speak for others, I can only speak for myself...yesteday I was logged onto here and another site that I am now calling home...(A home that has frequent visits from admin/mod members to glean info on members who are present/past members of snowest...)oddly my access to this site was blocked ,no matter how I tried to log in (forum shortcut, snowest magazine forum entrance, direct login.) my access was denied...no email from snowest admin stating I had been banned for some reason...nothing, well it turns out..my ISP Address was being blocked at the snowest forum servers...I could log in on a friends network..and when admin was questioned by a close friend he was informed I wasnt blocked and I had open access and showed being online at the time(this was before I used a friends network to log in)...I offer here as proof of what I saw on my screen last night when my paid access was denied.....

DSC00265.jpg

For those paid members who think that the money for membership access is worth it due to the tech info on here...for now, you are right, it is worth it..but most of the knowledge guys are gone or are leaving..even if some new step in..they cant replace what has left..that is what made snowest great and put it above other sites..the depth of the knowledge guys who worked togeather ...and from what a lot of those knowledge guys who are still here have told me is that they wont be providing the kind of tech they used to ..
I will say this, anyone who says membership hasnt gone done, that technical post quality is as good as it used to be..is lying..it is down drastically across the board....
I cant speak for others on here..I am sure admin will use this oportunity to get rid of me..which is fine..I no longer call snowest home...I ask admin to refund my 30.00 membership fee, (minus the .02 a day prorated of course)and to delete all my post on this site that contain my personal pics, and stories...I would ask all members who are upset about anything here on snowest to call this phone number ( 208.524.7000) and voice your concerns...otherwise it is time to let go of it and mend the rift, or move on to a new home...cheers..and good luck and a safe season to all ....mike

B
Dec 3, 2007
DAMMMMMMMMMM..... what your comment on this cristopher:face-icon-small-sad

I'm sure has a very good explanation for it, he does for everything else. But since your not a paying member your response might be something to the tune of:

'For the small fee of .02 per day and blah blah blah, here have another glass of kool-aid, you can get answers to these kind of questions.'

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
explanations..really the stuff that is happening is beyond explanations...on both sides of the fence....Harris Plublishing has a gold mine...buts its not this site..its in getting someone to write a book on this fiasco that has taken place in the past months...man i really really got alot of fun and enjoyment from this site in the short time i was here..but heck its like a great girl...you marry her then she stops putting out

Last edited:
J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
If you took a screen shot of your computer when it showed you were banned, wouldnt it have snowest in the address bar?
Pretty sure anyone can write that they are banned from Snowest in Microsoft Word, save it to my documents as you did, and post here stating that it was a screen shot.......just saying....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
If you took a screen shot of your computer when it showed you were banned, wouldnt it have snowest in the address bar?
Pretty sure anyone can write that they are banned from Snowest in Microsoft Word, save it to my documents as you did, and post here stating that it was a screen shot.......just saying....

you are right for sure..I did save it when I saw it by clicking file then save as....then left the page to try and get on thru the magazine site..not thinking I should get a pic....but that is what was on my screen when I tried to log in last night.....and ..this computer is a gamer computer i built..no office products on it as far as word or office suite....I have no reason to lie...and if you ask around..everyone will tell you of my honesty,,,it is a commitment I take very seriously...

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
you are right for sure..I did save it when I saw it by clicking file then save as....then left the page to try and get on thru the magazine site..not thinking I should get a pic....but that is what was on my screen when I tried to log in last night.....and ..this computer is a gamer computer i built..no office products on it as far as word or office suite....I have no reason to lie...and if you ask around..everyone will tell you of my honesty,,,it is a commitment I take very seriously...

Please post the Emails or PMs from the admins.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon

gee you can;t get enough jollies attacking the non paid members now you want to discredit a paying premium member..wow too funny..!!...yep you paid guys are sure creating valuable content..

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Please post the Emails or PMs from the admins.

there was no email or Pm's...Mike(living Alaska) talked to Christopher in the chat box for all to see..as did I when I got on ...both can verify that....

KSH

Steering Wheel Holder
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Mar 22, 2005
Larkspur, CO
there was no email or Pm's...Mike(living Alaska) talked to Christopher in the chat box for all to see..as did I when I got on ...both can verify that....

You forgot to take a screen shot of that, that wasn't very smart.

Leaf27

Premium Member
Oct 24, 2008
I believe him, he has been nothing but straight since I have been a member here. He has been thanked 684 times, his knowledge will be missed, but maybe (everybody hates Chris) can fill in and share all his knowledge on sledding.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I am sure admin will use this oportunity to get rid of me..which is fine..

Dear Mike:

So far as I know...

Your SnoWest Account "Aksnowrider" is NOT banned.

BUT

It IS possible that your Internet Protocol Address IS or WAS on the banned list.

Allow me to explain, if you will.

The SnoWest system tracks all inbound IP addresses and matched them up to the User Name that logs in. This is done in an automatic fashion and builds up a huge lookup table in the database.

When a member gets their account BANNED, ALL associated IPs with that account are BANNED as well. Its not a perfect system, but that is how vBulliten is created.

Last night, you will recall, that in the chat box I asked if you were over at Live Alaska's house?

Why did I ask this, because the system threw an alert that AKSNOWRIDER was a possible alter account for Live Alaska.

Why would it do that?
Because it appeared that your user account was now attached to his known IP address.

So, whats my point in all this.

It is possible that YOUR IP is/was listed as associated with some other account that has been BANNED.

Rather that painting me as some horrible big bad boogie man, why not just send me a PM and ask?

If you would be so kind as to give me your home IP, I will run a search and see if it is listed in any of the banned accounts, and remove it for you.

Right now, I do see another associated account to your's, ULTRARIDER. But I am guessing that is just another bud, just like Live Alaska.

Last edited:
Premium Features